View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 05:39 AM
Snooze2978

Default Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

I make desserts every Sunday when I go up to my sister's. She makes the dinner and I bring the dessert whether I purchase it or make it from scratch. This weekend it's Pineapple Upside Down cupcakes but I'm not sure how to go about it. I have some oversized cupcake pans and the paper inserts I thought I'd use but don't know if it's going to work as planned.

I'm using the Very Moist Pineapple Upside Down Cake box from I think Hines and I've used it before but I did it in an Instant Pot which it came out very heavy so I'm back to baking this time.

Can anyone give me hints, suggestions on how to do these so they come out like they should? Use the paper inserts, don't use the paper inserts, if I use the paper inserts...do I removed them immediately after baking or can I leave them on until we're ready to eat? So many questions.

The last time I baked this cake I had an accident. I used my glass pedastal cake plate and after flipping the cake right out of the oven onto the plate, moments later I heard a crack and half the plate broke. Then minutes later the other half broke off leaving me with brown sugan/butter running all over my counter top and my guests arriving. I didn't know whether to cry or just laugh it off. At least the plate didn't shatter giving me shards of glass thru the cake so I could selvage the cake at least but what a mess. I have now replaced the plate with a microwve plate that fits the dome lid. It shouldn't break with the heat...........hopefully.

I'll be baking these cupcakes tomorrow morning (Saturday) so suggestions are needed ASAP if possible. Thanks.