View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 01:13 PM
sewingpup

The decorative stitches I use a lot of are the serpentine stitches of which I have a couple. I have used them for straight line quilting and also for topstitching the binding down. I love that I have a couple of stitches to choose from and that the width and length dials on my Bernina make it easy to customize so I can get the serpentine stitch to look like what I want. Recently on a flannel quilt I actually used one of the three step utility stitches to get the serpentine stitch I like on that thick flannel. I also have used some of the decorative stitches, when making little appliquéd wall hangings. I used an eyelet stitch with gold metal thread to make the eye of a skunk! It turned out cute. I have used the blanket stitch ones in the quilting stitch menu to do blanket stitch around the appliques and again I discovered that the stitch mirror buttons help with that and also the stitch length and width dials to customize the exact size I want. I also have used the triple stitch function while stitching things like stems for flowers. And I made a simple two color table topper using 2 inch finished squares and stitch in the seam line with a variety of decorative stitches in the seam lines using a plain colored baking. This made a cute simple table topper that was reversible as the decorative stitches really showed up on the plain backing. I did use some rayon machine embroidery thread to do this as it jazzed it up some.
oh, I also have used decorative stitches when making handles for bags and also as accents on the bag, I have used one for Tying a qult instead of using yarn. Also to outline labels for a quilt. And to make cards that I have stitched on.

Last edited by sewingpup; 11-27-2023 at 01:16 PM.