View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 10:56 AM
magicmoonmusings

I already have the fabrics ready to go for three projects:

1. Queen size Tiny Tiles quilt without batting, just a flannel sheet as the backing. White background with bright scraps for the tiles
2. Strippy QAYG for the sofa. Just four gorgeous fabrics, 2 meters each, each cut into long thirds. Hand quilt the six panels separately using big stitch quilting, then join them
3. Two removable lampshade slipcovers for the living room

This past year I finished doing 'Konmari' on my stash. It was a very difficult process. But I did it! I'm proud of myself, and now each time I look through my fabrics I feel happy because I only kept fabrics I truly LOVE and that literally make me smile.

The two huge things I learned from doing Konmari? First, I like minimalism. Both the 'look' in terms of aesthetics for my home, and quantity. When I had a huge stash of stuff for 'someday' it gave me decision paralysis and nothing ever got made.

Second, as much I love quilts and admire all kinds of different styles, I don't much like the process of making a quilt. I adore beautiful fabrics!! And I enjoy dabbling in hand quilting, applique, and embroidery. But I immensely dislike doing intricate piecing and machine quilting. So I'm sticking with projects that require minimal piecing and can easily be done as QAYG.

It's okay to stick with what you love. I love simplicity in my life. I'll get my fix for complex quilts from going to quilt shows and admiring pictures on the internet.