View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 04:00 AM
quiltsfor

My goals are to continue to have fun making queen size quilts. I like working from start to finish on them. The one I'm working on now will probably be finished in early 2024. Then on to the next - which is also in the planning stage at the moment, a Grandmother's Fan quilt - all pieced blocks and no applique.

My secondary goal is to make seasonal stove front quilts 36 x 36 to hang from the oven door. My oven glass spontaneously exploded without warning - the oven was not in use and noting hit or bumped the glass - the entire front glass covering the oven door just exploded out into the kitchen - found glass over the area from just in front of the oven across to 10 feet away. I want the entire 'new' glass to have something hanging in front of it, so if it happens again I don't have to worry about flying glass all over the room (still finding pieces of it months later). Mfg. said that the glass that exploded probably had a slight defect in it during mfg. and probably just let go. Very scary and loud. Stove/oven was just over one year old. Thankfully no one was injured, including the cats. I have some fabric panels that I plan on using that will make nice pieces for making these small quilts. Bonus, I can also use them as wall hangings!