View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 06:03 AM
Snooze2978

I'm still good with not buying much fabric in the past 5 years. I did though buy some upholstery fabric at the thrift shop to make myself a couple dress jackets. Does that count as it won't be for quilting items?

I usually go shopping in my scrap bins first and then head over to the yardage shelves if I don't have enough. Plus the next 5 projects already have their fabrics pulled from the shelves.

Didn't do much sewing/quilting this past year either but hope to remedy that as I checked the quilt that's been on my frame since last April and though I have it covered, my middle furbaby decided it was the perfect place to take a snooze numerous time from the look of all the hair on it. Even found a couple tiny holes made by her back claws. I have windshied covers over the project to hope to deter my cats from getting up there but I guess it was just too tempting for Tabby to resist, darn her. Maybe she's trying to tell me to get the lead out and finish it.

Anyway, again I don't plan on buying fabric but ocassionally I might pick up a small piece at the thrift store.