View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 07:00 PM
WMUTeach

I am in again. I can't remember for sure how long I have been stash shopping, but it has been since before COVID. I reduced my stash this year by about 120 yards. I don't see a significant difference but the UFO pile is smaller which means I used stash for backs.

I will likely have to jump off the wagon for backing now and again because I have very little yardage big enough for a back. I will still shop stash first. You just never know what may work its way to the top of a bin or pile and be "just the ticket" for a quilt back.

Hint that Works for me: I track how much comes in and goes out of my stash each month. I am motivated by numbers and seeing that "out" number is an encouragement. Some months I break even and other months, I purchase more than what I use from my stash. I don't get crazy with exact inches in and out but I do track. If you chose to track don't forget the backing and and the binding. It all adds up. I also count donation fabric or donated UFOs. Out of my stash is OUT and I count it.