View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 05:44 AM
Macybaby

Mkotch, that row of the month is very nice. Every time I see one, it makes me want to make one.

While I was digging around, I found a couple more abandoned projects. These are things I started but lost interest and know I'll never make more. One was these PP stained glass looking blocks. This was a block of the month project and after making one, I got the really stupid idea of making them a lot smaller. Got two of them done and that was enough. And in the same tote I also found another tiny PP star. This was another insanity phase where I was seeing just how small I could make them. I have a set of 16 that got put into a wall hanging, but this one got left out.

Since this meant I had three black/batik orphan groups, I'm going to put htem all together into one wall hanging.
I did a rough sketch of my idea, then laid them out on the floor to see if it was going to work. This morning I did a full size layout. I've only done 1/4 as they'll be the same, with the top being taller.

The next step will be to put together the broken glass - stained glass looking panels to put it all together. I already have a lot of black cut for the leading part, as I cut a lot when I was planning on doing the original projects, and had left it aside for if I ever got back to them.

I've also got a tote of batik scraps, so that will get used too.

I'll be doing them like a crazy quilt, just sewing black to one side and sewing another piece to it, and adding groups until I get big enough pieces to cut out what I need.

Attached Thumbnails 20240110_064749.jpg   20240110_063414.jpg   20240112_072406.jpg  

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-12-2024 at 05:48 AM.