View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 03:47 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by tranum
Washing yardage: I’ve not tried this yet but I will soon as I found it interesting. The article said up to 12 yards can be washed this way -
1). Open yardage & refold with selvages are on left & right & piece is WOF across. Then turn cut edges to inside (so it’s not exposed) and begin folding accordion style (I suspect no more than 12-15 inches). Piece should roughly be 12-15” x 42. Use 5 shiny new safety pins (no rust) on each selvage going through all layers. Wash fabric and dry. This will eliminate twists that can be hard to iron out. Please update us if you attempt it. This came from a blog I follow “From My Carolina Home”
I have followed Carole at "My Carolina Home" for several years now and she is honest, clever, and I would trust that this method would work. A little effort on the front end of this washing method that might just make the final press and use of the fabric easier.
Here is the link from My Carolina Home with photos to see the process. Originally from Kaye Wood! https://frommycarolinahome.com/2018/...brilliant-tip/