View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 01:06 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Years ago I was in a quilt shop in Pennsylvania and they had on display a quilt made with suiting fabric interspersed with designer/decorator fabric, not quilting cotton. Some of the fabric was "shiny", some was velvet and some was brocade type. There were decorative stitches through the centers of some of the blocks in contrasting thread. It was not a proportional quilt as in the squares were not the same sizes nor did they all match up like in rows and columns. The backing was some kind of nubby "fleece" but definitely not polar fleece. The woman who made it said she was working up a pattern but she never did. I came across a lot of samples of mens suiting fabric already cut into squares. I started collecting remnants of designer/decorator fabric. I still have that project but haven't worked on it. The original one was stunning. Not something I think would ever be used on a bed, but, maybe hung, or draped on a chair. Sometimes mens suits have moth holes, etc and not always wearable. I would think with proper cleaning it could be used in a project. Mine couldn't be used for much of anything else. Now that we are chatting about it, I will go look for that project.