View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 06:18 AM
KalamaQuilts

you can drool, it really is a beauty, if I you are a scrappy lover. When I cared for my mother who had dementia it was impossible to think. so I set up my sewing machine by her chair and made string blocks. This was about 2015. I love this quilt so much I started a similar one this month using black based strings.
basic instructions: cut a 3" square on the diagonal. run a string across the long side, then surround the other 2 edges..
I place my ruler so my 1" mark is square with the neutral and trim. (ruler slid in the scanner but yuou get the idea. ) then I add strings across the bottom and trim again, mine to 4". You can ofcourse start with any size block. I call this one Dementia Part Duex as I also cared for my FIL, but he like to go for drives, I put 1000's of miles on my car over 3 years

edited to add the 1/2 sq blocks were leftover from other projects, and the reverse side is a bonnie hunter mystery.
Attached Thumbnails dementia-part-duex-reverse-mystery.jpg   img080.jpg   img081.jpg  

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 03-07-2024 at 06:20 AM.