View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 09:52 AM
L'il Chickadee

Default Travel quilting..Help, I need advice.

I'm getting ready for a trip. How do I decide what projects to take along with me? I'll be away for about six months.
This has been an issue for me for years and I just can't sort it out. Every time we arrive at the other house, I get inspired to work on something back at the main house. Yesterday, I started picking out recent favorites to work on and putting the patterns in a binder. Next thing I know the binder is already half full. This morning I've got another pile, and I haven't even gotten to the fabric sorting yet. Seems like I'm trying to outsmart my fickle creative brain, how do you even do that? I've watched Ruth, The Traveling Quilter, for how she plans things, but no clues there, she just seems to instinctively get ideas on the fly to fill in between planned projects. And she has the fabric in one of her totes!! What?? If I keep on like this, we'll be renting a box trailer to lug my fabric back and forth and I still won't have that one thing I left behind.
You know what? It's like the addict for whom a teaspoon is too much and an ocean is not enough.

Or maybe Ruth does have a huge trailer her hubby is towing along, she's just not telling. Ha!