View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 05:37 AM
bkay

One of the ladies who goes south for the winter usually cuts out some quilts for the time she's away. Of course, she doesn't have her longarm, so she only makes the tops.

Are you planning to make tops or make completed quilts? In that case, you will need patterns, cutters, cutting boards, sewing machines, basting spray (or whatever you use for basting), etc, etc, etc. Making completed quilts takes a lot of "stuff". Whether you go by car or by plane, you can only take so much (unless you ship the excess).

I don't know about you, but it takes me at least a month to complete a quilt. That would mean I could only take 6 projects.I would choose which ones that interested me the most and kit them up in bags.

You make a decision and live with it. You never have a perfect outcome. There is usually/sometimes a "wish I'd done it differently". You can't make a perfect decision for the future, as you don't know what the circumstances will be. You can't know what you will want to do four months from now. You can only make a decision based on what you know now.

bkay

Are there quilt shops or places to buy supplies where you are going? If so, leave room for an impulse buy.

Last edited by bkay; 03-26-2024 at 05:39 AM. Reason: additional thought