View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 06:04 AM
KalamaQuilts

I travel too, but in a 5th wheel, not to another house to stay. The first year I made up two kits but didn't cut enough of one fabric to finish one so had to buy a couple of green fat quarters. And then I finished both projects and didn't have any happy space sewing to do. (Yes, we can shop, but I'm not a shopper or stash builder, therein lies madness in my mind)
Last year I prepped 4 project boxes and finished them so yes, I stopped at a Nevada shop and bought enough fabric to do the Heartfelt sampler quilt, lots of small blocks so that got me home and well into winter.

This year we'll be gone 2 months shortly, and another 4 this fall. I think I have 7 project boxes plus a box of neutral stings and a roll of cash register tape I'm working on a seris of 40" square double sided quilts for our loft rail.
And in all honestey, because we are all friends here... when I get floppy brained I stand in front of my grandmothers hall mirror and shout "What are you, Eight Years Old?"

and when not sewing, we see the sights of the areas, we generally stay 4-7 days in each spot so plenty of time for everything.
Attached Thumbnails project-boxes.jpg