View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 07:12 PM
L'il Chickadee

Default Buying a new machine. Who knew?

I just pulled the trigger and bought a new Singer 4452 from Amazon. Hope everything turns out all right. It's hard to buy something sight unseen and worse when you get into a surreal conversation with customer service trying to ask about the machine and find yourself being lectured on what you need to do with the stitch width dial to fix it. When I finally said I was just looking to buy, the chat abruptly ended with "Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate your comments and take them seriously". Bots! I then watched a video of a machine repair guy tearing apart a new Singer Heavy Duty machine. It was pretty brutal, he snapped off a plastic fastener clip then shrugged and went on with unhousing the next pieces, chucking screws into a magnetized bowl as he went. I couldn't watch any more. He did say though that in spite of the fact that the oil points aren't readily accessible, the machines were built to be oiled and showed us the places, Gasp! However, a small nugget of information was gleaned from the carnage. More study and research was rewarded with more unanswered questions until the final decision to just buy it and be done with it.
Just saying. Now to wait and see what gets delivered.

Last edited by L'il Chickadee; 04-20-2024 at 07:18 PM.