Old 04-21-2024, 02:10 PM
Dedemac

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Good morning all! Checking on everyone's progress while sipping coffee. My sewing has taken a backseat this week, and I really miss it. Enrolling Mom in hospice care has taken most of my time this week. I set up a machine in her room, but not ready to use yet. I'm taking pixel quilt strips to pin together while we visit today.
I did get the stencil that I created cut out with the exacto knife this week. I plan to quilt my nautilus shell pixel quilt with this large scale loopy meander.
Aashley Nice creation of a one of a kind template. Also love the piece of glass you used to cut on. Do you do stained glass???
Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Spent a couple hours hand quilting yesterday with the guild zoom, but have managed 4 rows of machine stitching on my Merry Mayhem mystery so far.
Thinblebug - are you using netting to mark the stitching lines?

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Is fun seeing and hearing about what the rest of you are doing. I'm down to making my last 3 blocks. Final version will be 5x7 blocks. Picture 2 shows the border fabric and the calmer green back.
I agree that one does need sunglasses!!

Christine - That will be awesome once done.

Back from Wisconsin, DH is off with the youth group from church to pick up trash. Third load of laundry in about to go in, I have 4 quilts from church to stitch the backing down, so will start pining them and decide what color thread to use.