View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 07:37 AM
pamelor

Hello all -- Thank you for the explanation WMUTeach and yes, I do already chain piece and "web" squares together. I thought that's what was meant but I think there is still a further way of sewing strips together then cutting them so that smaller squares remain. Another issue that could be throwing my 9-patches off is ironing to one side. Ironing to one side works just fine with larger squares but with the smaller ones, I can get an extra millimeter or two by ironing open as Lori Holt suggests. I'm just not a big fan of ironing open but I have done it a few times when it seems critical. I thought if I could increase precision in cutting and stitching that would be enough, but I guess the ironing technique leaves something to be desired too.

Janice that's not me with the Jack's chain quilt. I'm not that good! Interesting that we gravitate toward different colors, both you and Heather said you use muted colors. I like the brights! To the point where I find I don't have enough muted background fabric to set the brights off.