Thread: Boom 31 Spring
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 03:17 AM
Janice McC

Good morning, Boomers. Supposed to be a great day here. We’re spending the morning with the grands. The youngest is so in love with my DH that she doesn’t want to share him. lol. That means my oldest DGD and I will have some quality time together. It should be fun.

So, scant seams. I have to sew a thread or two smaller than a quarter to make up for the folding of fabric. If I don’t, I come up short. I measure units often. I can never assume I’ve sewn on the mark because that’s when things go sideways for me.

As a reminder for everyone, I check a few blocks from every package, every boom, for size. If all looks good, I move on. I do not check every block. Yes, too small and too large blocks do get by me but I cannot measure 350 blocks. The time involved is incredible. That’s why I rely on you all to let me know if there’s a serious problem with blocks so we can address the issue, fix it and make better blocks the next go round. I don’t ban people from the Booms when they’re working on improving. Those that don’t care are not in the next swap. And please note I do lightly press each block I check so I’m not measuring crumbled fabric. Imho, stretching blocks is only a bandaid for the problem. Making blocks come up to 12-1/2 inches is the goal for me and most of the time I achieve it, but not every time. I’m always working on it.

I am deeply appreciative that Hav is making a substantial effort to fix the blocks I’ve sent back. I have no doubt she’s going to do her best and I commend and thank her for it.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!