Thread: I'm Upset!!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 PM
JanetM

Originally Posted by fktsewing
Marie Osmond does sew and quilt both. I am with Patrice and Sharlee. How do you know that it was not Kaye Wood who left Janome and PBS? Maybe she is tired and needs a break. Don't get me wrong, I do not buy anything just because a celebrity endorses it, but I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
A local sewing machine dealer in my area is offering a class by a Kaye Wood certified teacher. Perhaps Kaye is offering to teach her methods in a Certified Teacher program like Martha Pullen does with her heirloom techniques.

None of us know what the circumstances are for Kaye Wood's leaving so getting angry with Janome is jumping to conclusions. As for having a younger spokesperson..what is the harm? Kaye Wood was "younger" when she started. I think we all agree that celebrity endorsements are of little value. We all seem to make our purchasing decisions based on our own research and recommendations from people we trust. If none of us is particularly influenced by the celebrity endorser what difference does it make who they use?