Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 05-06-2024, 09:35 PM
Power Poster

WMUT, I love listening to live symphony playing Star Wars and Harry Potter soundtracks! The music sounds even more beautiful when played by a live symphony.
Old 05-07-2024, 05:11 AM

Hello all! I have a rare day off and wanted to update my list of candies received:

1. Heathermom20pmc 4/24
2. Terriamn 4/25
3. JENNR8R 4/25
4. Janice McC 4/26
5. WMU Teach 4/27
6. pamelor 4/27
7. Reba Quilts 4/27
8. Crispy-Frog 4/29
9. Quossum 4/29
10. Hav4boys 4/29
11. sewbizgirl 4/29
12. Patrick’s Mom 4/29
13. Logcabin82 4/30
14. Macy baby 5/2
15. Traveling Gramma 5/3
16. Brenda W 5/6

Up to 16!
Old 05-07-2024, 06:46 AM

Hi there, one of your avid lurkers here. I saw this on Pinterest - I'm still trying to track down the pattern designer but for now here's a picture:

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/5304396...31&utm_term=14
Old 05-07-2024, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

That's a cool one, Gemm. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

I'm a little bummed here. I sent my packages over a week ago. Will keep checking though.
Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM

DS has not sent me any more pictures of envelopes (does not mean some have not shown up). I'll ask him later if an more have come this week. However, DH and I are leaving early tomorrow morning and will be on the road several days, so I may not be able to post any updated lists until Sunday - I'll try but I'm not very good using mobile devises for internet use.

Other than sewing up a tarp to use as a bed bag, I've not done any sewing for over a month. I'm almost done packing up for the next trip, Right now we're packing up the bed. It's a king sleepnumber with an adjustable frame - and that frame sure is heavy! the bed is already in the trailer. The bed frame (it divides in two) along with my antique secretary and dining table and chairs will get packed in the front of the trailer. The truck bed (we have a topper) is almost full, that is where my sewing machines are packed. I kept the packing for most of the machines and DH built a plywood box for the LA - they are all very secure!

We expect to only make one more trip with the large trailer, and that will be to move DH's tools out of the garage - doesn't sound bad, but he's got a full assortment of mechanic and woodworking tools. It will fill up the 16' trailer. We are leaving all the appliances and TV's with the house, and we have decided not to take our two lazy-boy chairs. We will be bring back DS's guest bed and small dining room table (it's our old one that he took with) so we have something to use until the place sells. Both will be donated or dumped when we no longer need them here.

I was complaining to my DD while packing up my stash, and she said that I needed to quit messing around with sending envelops of fabric, and start mailing off boxes!
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I was complaining to my DD while packing up my stash, and she said that I needed to quit messing around with sending envelops of fabric, and start mailing off boxes!
LOL, they just don't understand our obsession!
Sounds like you and hubby have done a ton of work towards the move. Hope your trip goes smoothly and the machines all travel well. I know you have a few...!
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM

Macybaby when we moved I donated box after box of my fabric but was still amazed at how much fabric I still have. My 18 yo granddaughter just quietly helped me pack it all up while many others tried to shame me for my obsession We only moved 90 minutes away and it was a real chore. Can’t imagine your big move
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I made a cat quilt for a local cat rescue to raffle off. I'll donate it next month as a surprise to the president of the rescue.
In March I shared about a cat quilt that I made for a local cat rescue. I included a pillowcase that was made from the backing kitty fabric to carry it in.

They held a Mother's Day raffle last week, and it ended up raising $2,250 for the kitties! I couldn't have made a quilt, sold it myself, donated the proceeds, and get that much money for any of the quilts I have ever made. I'd love to do this again for another charity some time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat Quilt.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	648531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat Quilt Closeup.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	648532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat Quilt Pillow Case.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	648533  
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

I think raffles are the way to go, to raise the most money for charities. Much better than auctions, silent or otherwise.