Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Tutorials
  • Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) >
  • Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

• Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 PM

Wow, I'm impressed with how organized you are!!! Your fabric stash is very nice also.
    Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 AM

Alaskasunshine thank you again for this tutorial I'm so glad I found it. My folding is going well, I actually am starting to have a pantry again. One question - would you use this for fleece? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm finding I have fleece yardage that is taking up a lot of space. I was thinking maybe to cut a different size board for it. Thoughts?
    Old 06-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Alaskasunshine thank you again for this tutorial I'm so glad I found it. My folding is going well, I actually am starting to have a pantry again. One question - would you use this for fleece? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm finding I have fleece yardage that is taking up a lot of space. I was thinking maybe to cut a different size board for it. Thoughts? QUOTE.....
    MY RESPONCE...

Hmmm Fleece? I am not sure about tha I have wrapped flannel but not fleece. Give it a try maybe it will work. No harm in trying. Perhaps I would use longer boards and maybe wrap it in 1/3 rds. Please post pix of you work it is inspiring to see other's work. To date noone has posted anything they have done in their quilt room. :-D I am so glad my tute has been helpful to you!
    Old 06-29-2010, 06:35 AM

I use plastic covered paper clips - the big size. Worked like a charm.
    Old 06-29-2010, 06:41 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have spent weeks folding, but it was an enjoyable sensation. I love to feel of my fabric. I found some I didn't remember I had & I am soooo pleased with how it looks. My friends have been impressed since "organized" is seldom applied to me. I have done a demo of it to two guilds. You have started something in Mississippi! Thanks again.
    Old 06-29-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by MS quilter
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have spent weeks folding, but it was an enjoyable sensation. I love to feel of my fabric. I found some I didn't remember I had & I am soooo pleased with how it looks. My friends have been impressed since "organized" is seldom applied to me. I have done a demo of it to two guilds. You have started something in Mississippi! Thanks again.
    Oh I am tickled you ran with this fun and rewarding way of organizing your stash of fabrics. I also found fabrics I had forgotten about! :shock: I haven't done any more in my quilting room and still have lots left to finish. Could you post pictures of your room? :thumbup:
    Enjoy what you've done. Glad you were able to share your excitment with your guilds in doing demo's! Kudos to you!!! :-D :thumbup: :-D
    Old 06-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Your quilt room makes me want to come and shop. It turned out beautiful and you should be proud of your hard work. Be careful what you wish for....it's 116 -120 degrees here and HOT, HOT and HOTTER.
    Old 07-02-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Sandy
    Your quilt room makes me want to come and shop. It turned out beautiful and you should be proud of your hard work. Be careful what you wish for....it's 116 -120 degrees here and HOT, HOT and HOTTER.
    So right now we have dark clouds and 63*. Please send us some "rays" :lol: I want to see sunshine :roll:
    Old 07-31-2010, 05:43 PM

I have had many P.M.s asking what I used to wrap my fabrics on, I used "COROPLAST" It is what signs are made of. The ones you see House for Sale signs made of. I got mine from a local sign company and my DH cut them to size for me. I liked that better than using cardboard and it is thinner and much prettier too. Have fun, I hope this helps! :thumbup: ;) :-D
    Old 07-31-2010, 05:49 PM

A very nice room and organization of your fabrics!