Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Performance issues >
  • Performance issues

• Performance issues

Old 11-06-2011, 07:41 AM

** Ok...now this post came up immediately without the warning about waiting for approval. I am now thoroughly and completely confused! Maybe disregard my entire previous post!! Are only posts on the For Sale threads moderated. Sorry, I just don't get it..... : (
    Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 AM

Ads and any changes to ads have to be approved by moderators. The rules do say that all contact between buyer and seller should be by PM, so maybe that is why your post had to be approved? Threads like this one don't have to be approved. Don't know what happened with the log in issue, that is weird.
    Old 11-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Thanks Laurie. I just saw that, too...about the PMs. I guess that will be a big pain in the neck for the sellers to have a zillion people asking them if the fabrics are still available! At least when people were allowed to post, you knew which fabrics had already been claimed. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut until I figure out how all of this works.. it just seems like everything I do here today is not going well! Hope I improve!
    Old 11-06-2011, 07:59 AM

I think the seller can still change the ad to show what is sold, it will just be delayed until a mod approves it, I'm just guessing here really lol! It is definitely a steep learning curve, but I am kind of enjoying the challenge. Overall I'm liking the change, there are some things I miss but fewer everyday.
    Old 11-06-2011, 08:40 AM

Default Dial-Up Users

I still have dial-up because it is the only internet I can get where I live. I am having so much trouble seeing pictures. They are taking so long to download with this new board. I didn't have any problem with the old board. Are any other dial-up users having this problem or is it just me?
    Old 11-06-2011, 08:52 AM

It is not just you. I have the same problem. I don't think I have seen one picture since the board changed. I am still getting used to it all.

Mary
    Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 AM
    Banned

I tried to print an older tutorial (pre-new system) and had a heck of a time. I finall got the wording to print but could never get the pics. I fooled around trying to get the pics for about an hour and a half. I just gave up.
    Old 11-06-2011, 09:08 AM

I tried to look at some fabric someone is selling. I got 3 pictures after waiting 15 min. and the rest didn't download. Very frustrating. I can always find something I can use. Looks like I won't be buying from anyone on this board again. My Sis has high speed and she said it takes forever with high speed too.
    Old 11-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Boy I wish I knew how to help, my pictures load in seconds. I actually tried to print a tute and it was easier than the old board. I never saw the choice before to go to printable view. When I did that I could copy and paste the directions into a word document, than I could open each attachment that I wanted and do the same. Unfortunately I don't know why it worked for me and not you. I do know you have to have your settings changed to Enhanced Interface to make pics work.
    Old 11-06-2011, 11:47 AM
    Power Poster

I went to pictures and found gallery of quilts.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/q...ery-b2181.html

edit: I went back to that site and clicked on the pictures and your right they are all red X's. My thinking and hoping is they are working on it.

Last edited by SueDor; 11-06-2011 at 11:49 AM.