• APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 >
  • APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

• APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 PM

Nancia, I LOVE IT!!!
    and what some great dq's coming in!
    Old 04-29-2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    i just finished a mug rug for the mug rug swap, and since the recipient is not taking part in this swap i think it's safe to show it here. feel free to critique!
    Is it mine ??????????????? I LOVE IT !!!!!!! even if it isn't for me
    Old 04-29-2012, 04:08 PM

Step away for a day to work on my May DQ, which I might add is not an easy task, chaos, please........ Actually my husband was laughing it up as I struggled to come up with chaos, he said I love you hon, but you don't do chaos very well. lol Should take him up to my sewing room, I'll show him chaos . I know themes are optional, thought it would be good for me to peek out of my box. You would have thought God could have spared one "artsy/fartsy brain cell for me, oh well... I am pretty happy with it so it was a day well spent! Love that you can try new things and not get beat with a wet noodle on this board. I thought I might try a little hand quilting, we'll see if these sausage fingers of mine remember how to rock a needle!
    Such beautiful DQ's , the twister, the 3D, the hand pieced pink and brown and the fish mug rug, wonderful ladies!
    Have a great evening everyone!
    Old 04-29-2012, 04:54 PM

Nancia, That is too cute!!!!! I like the way you quilted it.
    Old 04-29-2012, 05:32 PM

Wow, the doll quilts are gorgeous!!! So many beautiful things to look at . I love the red and white 9 patch, it reminds me of one of the table runners I made for my wedding.

I LOVE the mug rug, that is very cool!
    Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 PM

I'm feeling the same way about the May DQ. I scrapped my first attempt, it was BAD, LOL. Not sure that my second attempt is chaotic, but it is different from how I normally work. I thnk I'll try some hand embroidery. I have always wanted to try it!

Originally Posted by Tulip
    Step away for a day to work on my May DQ, which I might add is not an easy task, chaos, please........ Actually my husband was laughing it up as I struggled to come up with chaos, he said I love you hon, but you don't do chaos very well. lol Should take him up to my sewing room, I'll show him chaos . I know themes are optional, thought it would be good for me to peek out of my box. You would have thought God could have spared one "artsy/fartsy brain cell for me, oh well... I am pretty happy with it so it was a day well spent! Love that you can try new things and not get beat with a wet noodle on this board. I thought I might try a little hand quilting, we'll see if these sausage fingers of mine remember how to rock a needle!
    Such beautiful DQ's , the twister, the 3D, the hand pieced pink and brown and the fish mug rug, wonderful ladies!
    Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tulip
    We must be cut from the same cloth--don't look in my sewing room please. Have about 4 or 5 projects going on, but now have my March --yes March--DQ packaged and ready to go.
    Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM

Tulip, love your colors. Gosh, would never have thought to dye brown eggs. I'm going to try that. I love the rich colors.
    Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 PM

Hobbykat1955, always love your embroidery. How did you get those waving quilting lines so even! Fantastic!
    Old 04-29-2012, 09:11 PM

LeslieFrost, Wow, love the 3D affect. The pinwheels are so cute with the yoyos!