Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? >
  • Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

• Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by buslady
    OOOOHHHHH! what a good idea. Wait to see what your partner is thankful for. I was thinking of all the stuff I was. And that was just getting out of control. How to narrow it down. You know what, I have until mid November so I guess I will join this month!! Maybe sister can help me decide. I have seen people with shingles and heard the horror stories. I am getting the shot on Nov 3 along with the flu shot. When we had our store, I worked on Sundays and there was a sweet heart of a gentleman that came in for the Sunday paper. He had been fighting shingles for months. He said it was awful and his doctor gave him everything known and he did some holistic stuff, as well, I believe. That poor man nearly cried just talking about the pain.
    Well, Onalee, just ask your partner and get to work! Remember, I already claimed you for this month!!!

And here are your tips ... if you don't want to do plain old Thanksgiving ... I am thankful for the internet which not only allows me to earn a living ... but has brought me all of YOU! My darling quilty friends!
    Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 PM

I'm in. Just did the October swap and have made friends with my swap partner. Boy was I fortunate, not only did she send me a beautiful quilt, but we have corresponded about our love of dolls.
    Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 PM

krystyna-- have you posted november partners already? man, this year just flew by!!
    i am also thankful for the friends on the quilting board! always someone just a fingerstroke away!
    Old 10-25-2012, 07:32 AM

partners already? Wow, you have to much time on your hands, would you like some of my list of to dos so I can catch up? How about you take my tiller, after only three summers using, blew up, to the dealer and tell them what they should do, GIVE ME NEW ONE!
    Old 10-25-2012, 03:46 PM
    Swap Hosts

No, no partners yet. I just decided who is going to be MY partner!

On a related note, since it looks like Hurricane Sandy is going to turn into Frankenstorm and will be headed right for the sandbar we live on ... literally a sandbar ... you can Google Long Beach, NY to see where we are ... QuiltingKrazy is going to step in as alternate hostess since the posting date is after the storm passes through and I'm assuming I will not have power. So a big old thank you for her assistance.

Everyone else in the path of this monster, be safe!
    Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 PM

krystyna-- will have you in my thoughts and prayers especially. and will hope none of your neighbors are affected adversely. looks like it's going to be a harrowing weekend and early week for the east coast.
    Old 10-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Oh boy! Y'all better have patience with me while I try to fill in for Krystyna! I'll do my best at hosting with my "Southern Style Charm Y'all!"
    Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 AM

Hey Krystina I could not resist.Sign me up . Of course I can do international
    Old 10-26-2012, 04:02 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by ctipton
    Hey Krystina I could not resist.Sign me up . Of course I can do international
    I sent your info to QuiltingKrazy who will be filling in for me. I am getting seriously worried now. This storm could be the worst in 100 years.
    Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 AM

Krystyna, we are praying for you .... just please if they say go... go!!!!!..... I have a friend from Mississippi who decided to wait out Katrina and almost died ........please we all love ya and want you back ...same to all of you quilties on the coast .... prayers ... CQR