Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-03-2013, 07:11 PM

I just finished your's tonight and will mail on Monday to you. I like it a lot so hope you will too, but just saying if you don't send it on back and I'll gladly make another one. Having a hard time sending them on their little ways this month, I like both of them so much......I have to quit keeping some and making another just because I like it. My daughter in laws think it's pretty great though and grand daughters, they come home and know what drawers to look in for what I've made since they were last here. All of a sudden...they're gone. That's okay, gives me some more things to do and new ideas to practice on.
    Old 08-04-2013, 04:12 AM

Great sneak peek jillnjo - love your pop color!! Went looking for fabric this weekend and I'm going to try a new technique for me - so sorry Cheesehead that you get to be my guinea pig.

Last edited by klgls; 08-04-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    Old 08-04-2013, 06:10 AM

Well here I sit wondering what theme to use with createfourpaws dq when I go back and see well the theme is BLAST of color.. hum.. and I was thinking dogs. for some reason I see four paws and I think dogs but maybe its cats or maybe.. argh.. we are not using black and white its a free for all doll quilt. any suggestions and I know you ladies are good on a THEME I could use? say like dog day afternoons? or two peas in a pod something to work with.. hand it over. I will choose one of those and run with it so suggest away. rainbow cows? lol. ok not rainbow cows. hurry up before I do something silly again like my sun tanning chicken.
    Old 08-04-2013, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Well here I sit wondering what theme to use with createfourpaws dq when I go back and see well the theme is BLAST of color.. hum.. and I was thinking dogs. for some reason I see four paws and I think dogs but maybe its cats or maybe.. argh.. we are not using black and white its a free for all doll quilt. any suggestions and I know you ladies are good on a THEME I could use? say like dog day afternoons? or two peas in a pod something to work with.. hand it over. I will choose one of those and run with it so suggest away. rainbow cows? lol. ok not rainbow cows. hurry up before I do something silly again like my sun tanning chicken.
    Dogs over cats........my screen name is a take from mom's at one time.
    Old 08-04-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    any suggestions and I know you ladies are good on a THEME I could use? say like dog day afternoons? or two peas in a pod something to work with.. hand it over. I will choose one of those and run with it so suggest away. rainbow cows? lol. ok not rainbow cows. hurry up before I do something silly again like my sun tanning chicken.
    Darn it! And I was just about to suggest...rainbow cows! You know...rainBOW COW. Maybe it could be a bow wow cow...
    Old 08-04-2013, 07:06 AM

Mine is really coming together and I am really loving it! I think I will make another one for myself! Do really love this swap. My son stopped by yesterday afternoon and he really loved my little quilt in the making! He is a great son...he loves my quilts..that guy knows the way to his mom's heart for sure!LOL
    Old 08-04-2013, 07:10 AM

I might suck at making dogs have never tried to sketch one before. I have this vision of what to make now to make it happen is another story. Cognito I am all with rainbow cows. I adore cows. As a kid I used to tell my mom when I grew up and was rich I would buy her a cow. Everyone laughed at me. Like no jewelry, or fancy things nope I wanted to gift cows to everyone. So for years I received cows from my family as a joke. mugs, ornaments sigh.. lots of cows for Brat The funny thing was I always loved the rust ones not the black and white .. guess no one thought of that.
    Old 08-04-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by klgls
    Great sneak peek jillnjo - love your pop color!! Went looking for fabric this weekend and I'm going to try a new technique for me - so sorry Cheesehead that you get to be my guinea pig.
    My swap partners are always guinea pigs LOL these swaps are a fantastic way to try out new techniques or patterns you might want to use as on a bigger quilt
    Old 08-04-2013, 03:24 PM

That's so true Lynnie...I ended up doing a very small version of a traditional block I've always wanted to make into a bed quilt.
    Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 PM

Linny and BertieD, your doll quilts will be in the mail tomorrow. All packaged up today and ready to mail.