Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Needlecraft Sewing Machines? >
  • Needlecraft Sewing Machines?

• Needlecraft Sewing Machines?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 PM

Anyone have a vintage Needlecraft Sewing Machine? I've never heard of this manufacturer before and can't find anything on the net. I'm specifically looking for info on model 142-B the automatic zigzag.
    Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM

Default I had never heard of it before either. But i LOVE mine

Originally Posted by Candace
    Anyone have a vintage Needlecraft Sewing Machine? I've never heard of this manufacturer before and can't find anything on the net. I'm specifically looking for info on model 142-B the automatic zigzag.

I not sure what machine you are talking about but I love mine. I have gone through many many machines and I am still pulling out "Old faithfull" (what I call her because she is so dependable).

I found your post because I was wondering if they still make the brand I can not find anything about Needlecraft like you.
    Old 02-06-2015, 10:09 PM

Default needle craft sewing machine

Originally Posted by ChristelPoulos
    I not sure what machine you are talking about but I love mine. I have gone through many many machines and I am still pulling out "Old faithfull" (what I call her because she is so dependable).

I found your post because I was wondering if they still make the brand I can not find anything about Needlecraft like you.
    i have a needle craftdeluxe that was my mothers bought before 1951i too am looking for more info on it .an yes it is a great machine.
    Old 02-06-2015, 10:16 PM

Default needlecraft machines

Originally Posted by lisa owens
    i have a needle craftdeluxe that was my mothers bought before 1951i too am looking for more info on it .an yes it is a great machine.

I might have one in my rental. Can you post a picture of it?
    Old 02-07-2015, 04:35 AM
    Power Poster

Never heard of it either??? Love to see a picture.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-04-2018 at 04:09 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
    Old 02-03-2018, 08:58 PM

We just bought some property and this machine was in the garage. It's a Needlecraft Super De Luxe Zig Zag Machine Model #160. I have been searching all day to find any info and my friend found your site. I would love any info there might be. [ATTACH=CONFIG]588416[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]588417[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	27744921_1579221035465400_1745044595_o.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	588416   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 needlecraft.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	588417  
    Old 02-04-2018, 12:08 AM

Maybe "Needlecraft" is a model name, rather than a manufacturer? My White says "Jeans Machine" (Or it did,
    before the decal wore off!) So in 60 years if someone was looking for info on a "Jeans Machine" rather than a White, they might not get very far.
    Old 02-04-2018, 06:14 AM

Rebecca, Needlecraft is a "badged" Japanese made machine. A badged machine is a machine made by one manufacturer and he sells it to many different distributors and stores who would then put their name either by a plate or decal with distributor, store or other name. Consequently, there may be a lot of the same machine with different names on it. It probably has a JA or JC number on the underside. Not all JA and JC numbers are known but there are some that have been identified by certain characteristics.

There is a forum for vintage machines on this board at https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...thusiasts-f22/ and a rather long thread there about Japanese made zig zag machines Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines

If you look at http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Machines.htm you will find "Deluxe Zig Zag #57 (139)" and a picture of it at http://www.sewusa.com/Deluxe%20Zig%2.../SDeluxe7d.jpg

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.