Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015 >
  • March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

• March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

Old 03-18-2015, 06:48 PM

Dwina, please rest and take care of yourself. You've been the care giver for a while now and sometimes the care giver needs to be cared for… will miss you…. come back quickly.
    Old 03-18-2015, 06:52 PM

Here's the actual design so you can see what it looks like before the embroidery: http://www.needlenthread.com/2010/03...rn-celtic.html

Originally Posted by quiltjoey
    Hi Everyone! Love all the great swaps coming in. I love the puppy. It makes me miss our sweet fur baby we lost 10 months ago.
    Suzy, I glad you like the pc/nc set. It is a Celtic Cross design that was free from Mary Corbin's website: needlenthread.com
    I usually always take a picture of the set I'm sending but was hurrying to meet the deadline and I forgot to take one.
    So sorry.
    Old 03-19-2015, 04:52 AM

What a nice package you got from quiltjoey. I couldn't enlarge it but I did look on the website and what an intricate design.
    I had a neighbor in NH that was Scottish but lived in England. She then married a US military and came to the states 33 years ago. She still has her accent. I did travel to England and Germany when I was 19. The Berlin Wall was up then and we did take a bus trip into East Berlin. Very dreary, but I loved the whole trip.
    Old 03-19-2015, 05:40 AM

Wow, JoAnn. You did all that hand embroidery on the celtic cross? Fantastic!
    Old 03-19-2015, 07:37 AM
    Power Poster

beautiful embroidery. I subscribed to them. I love handwork.
    Old 03-19-2015, 10:25 AM

Don't worry, you know what they say, "A bad penny always returns."
    Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 AM
    Power Poster

Dwina, take your time, when you're ready, we'll all still be here.
    drop by to say hi when you can.
    Old 03-19-2015, 11:45 AM
    Power Poster

Dwina I hope you do get some rest, and caught up on some of your other things. I won't be joining for a while either. I need to just work on things at home and sew as I want with no deadlines. As the weather keeps getting nicer I want to attempt some things outside. I am still coping with some health issues so that is the main reason for staying away from deadlines to meet. I also want to work on my paper piecing some more. I am determined to master it. lol...

My adrenal glands are not working per my doctor appointment today. I am on steroids now.

I still enjoy reading the boards and seeing what every one is up too. Have a great day everyone.
    Old 03-19-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie
    Dwina I hope you do get some rest, and caught up on some of your other things. I won't be joining for a while either. I need to just work on things at home and sew as I want with no deadlines. As the weather keeps getting nicer I want to attempt some things outside. I am still coping with some health issues so that is the main reason for staying away from deadlines to meet. I also want to work on my paper piecing some more. I am determined to master it. lol...

My adrenal glands are not working per my doctor appointment today. I am on steroids now.

I still enjoy reading the boards and seeing what every one is up too. Have a great day everyone.
    Susan, I am sorry you are struggling with health issues. I have adrenal fatigue, too. It sounds like maybe yours are MORE than just tired! Big Hugs to you, my friend! I am feeling the call of the great outdoors as well. My dh bought me 20 trees for my anniversary (20th) to make our hardscrabble little acreage GREEN. Glad I don't have to plant them. lol

Dwina, Big Hugs to you, too. You'll know when it is time and you have the heart to join in again. This has just been such a rough time for you. You are much missed.
    Old 03-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Dwina & Susan -- take care of yourselves & enjoy your sewing/gardening projects!

Pat -- my hubby still has his accent. This May will be 31 years of marriage. I told him back then if he ever lost that accent, he's going back! You can hear him on his radio show on Friday nights from 5 - 9 p.m. on 89.9 fm or 105.1 fm. It's a classic rock show so, if you like classic rock, you can check it out on your computer via the internet. And if you hear an Irish accent, that's him! And you can request a song, too, via your computer.