Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

• On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-28-2017, 02:21 PM

I have spun seams for years and never have had to pick threads from the center like most instructions say. I just lay down the two seams that aren't pressed yet in the spinning position and they fall into place and I hit the spin w/ a hot iron, takes micro seconds no longer then pressing any other way.
    Originally Posted by laurilli
    NZQuliter- that log cabin is gorgeous, I love scrappy.
    Everyones blocks are very pretty, I haven't started mine yet- I'm trying to finish a t-shirt quilt for my brother first.
    I have a question about spinning the seams-will the seam come apart after you pick out the first few seams? I have never done this.
    Old 11-28-2017, 03:58 PM

The Merry Mayhem is a one day quilting adventure. First clue already given.

Here’s a link http://merrymayhem.com/index.html?mc...eid=ce43e8f80c
    Old 11-28-2017, 04:13 PM

Kass:

I never thought of that! I am going back to look at your photos and look more closely. Great idea!!!!!

Blessings!
    Carole

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
    Old 11-28-2017, 05:11 PM

Thanks, sewbiz I just checked it I'm signing on.
    Old 11-28-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    I have spun seams for years and never have had to pick threads from the center like most instructions say. I just lay down the two seams that aren't pressed yet in the spinning position and they fall into place and I hit the spin w/ a hot iron, takes micro seconds no longer then pressing any other way.
    Great tip! I generally just give them a little twist and they pop into a nice spin. I've found the smaller your stitches (I like doing 15 stitches to the inch) the easier they are to work with, but that may just be me. I never unpick either.
    Old 11-28-2017, 06:16 PM

Beautiful blocks, Jane Quilter!
    Old 11-28-2017, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter
    Haha, that's too funny! That almost makes me want to spin my seams even more. I'm a rebel at heart
    So far all my experience with this board has been super supportive in allowing each of us to be our own quilter! I love all the 'rebels' doing it the way that works for them And I love all the 'cheerleaders' that encourage all of us to love our quilting whatever style or technique it is!

It's sad to hear about the quilt police on the FB page. I definitely think we need to spread more love and joy in the world than criticism! So I'm definitely making a pledge to do just that!

I Love all the little 9-patches I've seen-from the scrappy and vibrant, to the sophisticated and soft, to the alternate colorways. This is so much fun to do together!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
    Old 11-28-2017, 10:21 PM

I agree Kristi ... I’m really enjoying this board thread on the mystery quilt. I’ve hung back and just been reading to see what the flavor is here and I like it! The fanatics, not fans, but the fanatics are about to ruin it for everybody on FB if they don’t calm down. Who mentioned pressing their seams open ? Thank you! I do that a lot when I’m not sure how blocks are going to used next to each other. I’m still working on clue one .. have the blues/neutrals sewn and the browns/neutrals sewn. Just need to make blocks .. might be Saturday before that happens. I babysit my 2 grandsons .. 2 1/2 years and 9 months .. and one of the mommas works at Amazon.. can you say overtime big time for her .. which means overtime for me LOL. I love it though
    I’m guessing some where here on the board is a help topic on posting pictures? Would anyone care to point me in the right direction? Thank you
    Old 11-28-2017, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Paperpgma
    I agree Kristi ... I’m really enjoying this board thread on the mystery quilt. I’ve hung back and just been reading to see what the flavor is here and I like it! The fanatics, not fans, but the fanatics are about to ruin it for everybody on FB if they don’t calm down. Who mentioned pressing their seams open ? Thank you! I do that a lot when I’m not sure how blocks are going to used next to each other. I’m still working on clue one .. have the blues/neutrals sewn and the browns/neutrals sewn. Just need to make blocks .. might be Saturday before that happens. I babysit my 2 grandsons .. 2 1/2 years and 9 months .. and one of the mommas works at Amazon.. can you say overtime big time for her .. which means overtime for me LOL. I love it though
    I’m guessing some where here on the board is a help topic on posting pictures? Would anyone care to point me in the right direction? Thank you
    Papergma If you go to your profile tab at the top of the page click on it then look on the left hand side down a ways it will say albums ---more click on that and it should guide you through.
    Hope this helps
    I'm just off to check on my Mom makes sure she is tucked in for the night.
    Old 11-28-2017, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Windblown
    Papergma If you go to your profile tab at the top of the page click on it then look on the left hand side down a ways it will say albums ---more click on that and it should guide you through.
    Hope this helps
    I'm just off to check on my Mom makes sure she is tucked in for the night.
    Woops! forgot to tell you to resize your photos. I usually do 800 Pixels