Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Viking Sapphire Sewing Machine >
  • Viking Sapphire Sewing Machine

• Viking Sapphire Sewing Machine

Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 PM

No Viking brand quality has no declined they are awesome machines and an awesome company probably they are disgruntled and lost thier dealership some how
    Old 01-29-2020, 05:14 PM

I own a Sapphire 930 Viking , I am totally satisfied with it. Durable made machine great for machine quilting and has many decorative stitches. I own a 434, 1+.
    Designer 1. ....

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-29-2020 at 06:44 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 01-29-2020, 08:07 PM

I have had my Husqvarna/Viking Designer Topaz 20 which is a sewing/embroidery machine since 2012 and it has been fantastic. The dealer gave me a deal since it was a floor model -but that told me if there were any bugs they had been found. In the 8 years I have owned it, it had one problem with the tension which he adjusted and had it back to me in less than 24 hours. I was hesitant because of the computer pad - but it keeps on working without a problem. When I took it in for general service my dealer said my machine was the cleanest machine he had seen. Told him I clean it out after every project and he said he could tell. But it is because of the QB i started doing it. People said how easy it was to clean out a machine and so now I do it with all my machines.
    Old 01-30-2020, 05:30 AM

I have had Vikings since 1970. Love them. Especially my Epic. But I also have a brother and like the Janome machines. All the brands have good and bad points. We, the people who use them just have to pick our favorites and the heck with the naysayers!
    Old 02-01-2020, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Ditto I have the Lily 545 and Husq SE...and would buy nothing else but Viking...I think they are the only brand with a copywrite on the sensor foot
    I recently bought their Designer EPIC and love it. My SE and Lily are still used allot. I happen to have two homes so my machines are split between. Again love my Husq's….
    Old 07-21-2020, 09:48 AM

Default I bought sapphire 875q keeps jamming!!

I bought a Sapphire 875q and pieced a queen size quilt no issues. Then nothing but problems, had it serviced and still doesn’t work for me lasted issue is top thread keeps jamming In The bobbin area. Can some please help. I wish I would have spent another 200 and bought a Juki new. Now my back up brother machine isn’t working either so frustrating.
    Old 07-21-2020, 10:04 AM

Is there another service person who can take a look at it? Sometimes it's something simple like a miniscule piece of thread stuck in the bobbin area or in the tension disks.

I don't have that brand of machine but did have problems with tension when I accidentally put the thread spool winding off the wrong way. Also, one of my spools kept catching on a burr on the spool and was creating tension woes.