Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Getting ready for retirement - upstairs or main? >

Getting ready for retirement - upstairs or main?

Getting ready for retirement - upstairs or main?

Old 04-27-2014, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by gigigray032447 View Post
Definitely main level. Last summer we sold our two story and bought a one level home for the very reason you state... getting ready for retirement. We have one guest room and the other bedroom is my sewing room. Sometimes both our grown children and their spouses spend the night at the same time, so the sewing room is converted into a bedroom via a high quality queen size blow up bed. But there's not closet there as we shelved the entire double closet with shelving to hold my stash.
Gigi,
We are looking for a blow up bed for my sewing room for the same purpose. Could you please share the info on what bed you purchased?
Thank you,
lots2do
Old 04-27-2014, 11:01 AM

Have to go with Main level. My knees were bad before, making stairs difficult, but after the replacement surgery--stairs are impossible! Upstairs is great for guest rooms...you don't go there that often, but not for everyday wear and tear on your joints...
Old 04-27-2014, 04:39 PM

Main level. As you get older, are you going to want to climb stairs all the time? I want my laundry room, bedroom and bathroom on the main floor and I am not yet a "senior" (give me a few years, though! ). Good luck with your renovations! DH and I have made cosmetic changes to our home and it seems to be a non ending project! LOL
Old 05-03-2014, 06:09 PM

I vote downstairs. I retired a few years ago for health reasons. Arthritis didn't show up till I was almost 66 . Stairs are quite difficult now. Luckily I have moved to a one story retirement community. Don't do all that work then wish you had done it differently. Just my humble opinion. Good luck whatever you choose.