Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12 >

Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12

Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12

Old 08-11-2023, 10:27 AM

Love the Christmas bears, those will be fun to work with.
Oh my gosh, such darling frog fabric! The yoga frogs are a real hoot.

Cheese
Old 08-11-2023, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Reba!
Beautiful Baltimore quilt. The quilting is lovely. And all that applique around it... wow.
Welcome back, LogCabin!
Love the Christmas Bears fabric and all the frogs too! We are going to have some fun!
Old 08-11-2023, 11:09 AM

Reba, The Baltimore quilt turned out beautifully. Love all the appliqué. Did you needle turn it or fuse it? Can’t tell from the pic.

LogCabin82, those frogs! Love ‘em!
Old 08-11-2023, 04:05 PM

Reba gorgeous quilt and quilting.

LogCabin welcome back the different frog fabric is going to be fun to work with

Janice love your Christmas bears.

Another nasty storm hit the lake, hubby came running in and said we have to leave now. Didn’t even have shoes on and off we raced to car. Very nice that we have the option to go home now when bad weather hits. Half hour later storm passed and we went back.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
So much news again, best news though from Sewbiz, what an answer to prayer. And the details are also great, radiation without much pain. Great news. I dropped off the modern folk space girls to my LAQ today and picked up the Baltimore inspired quilt from the last boomerang. A great LAQ turns a wonderful top into an amazing top. Here are the photos. Hugs!
I just love your quilt! Your added border is amazing.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

The frogs are stinking cute logcabin82.
Old 08-12-2023, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Reba, The Baltimore quilt turned out beautifully. Love all the appliqué. Did you needle turn it or fuse it? Can’t tell from the pic.

LogCabin82, those frogs! Love ‘em!
love the frogs too :-) Janice, I use tiny zig zag with matching thread, I did a close up so you can see the thread and my LAQ’s stitches—she gets so close to the edges and she made interior petals on the flowers. My stitches went around the edges with the matching threads. She is amazing I give her free rein to do whatever her artistic feelings desire. I’m really blessed to have her as my LAQ. I’ve been with her since LAQ started in the 90s that’s how long she has been doing it. Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_6334.jpeg   img_6333.jpeg  
Old 08-12-2023, 02:56 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Today is the last day to sign up so if you are interested, please send me your email! The swap closes at midnight ET.

Reba, thanks for the close up pix. Beautifully done!

Time to get dressed and get my walk in before it gets hot. Later!

Old 08-12-2023, 03:02 AM

So, hello to all. I just sent my "official e-mail" to join in this fall's boom. I have been reading through the conversations, and so many know one another!. Time to bookmark the group and read daily so I can get to know folks and find any tips and cues of how "booming" works for the newbie.

Busy fall for me. After not teaching for nearly two years, I got the invite to teach two sections of Child Development at WMU (Western Michigan University). One is online and the other is in person, same class, just different formats. I have taught the content for 20 + years but because of state certification requirements the course has changed and was redesigned by someone else and I need to follow what was put in place after I stopped teaching the course about 4 years ago. Oh, well. This old dog can learn new tricks. I really wavered on joining Boom 30 but, well the more you have to do the more you get done, right?

I will choose fabric soon and post a photo. Quite likely America themed since I have lots of small to medium cuts from left over projects. Ta-Ta for now.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 08-12-2023 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-12-2023, 04:28 AM

WMUTeach, so happy you’ll be joining us this round. Unfortunately, I didn’t get your email so please double check the address. It’s [email protected]. That second “S” is usually the hang up. I’ll be looking for your email! Thanks!

edited to add: I also sent a PM. 😀

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-12-2023 at 04:31 AM.