Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed) >

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Old 06-27-2023, 04:33 PM

Bonnie the cat track is perfect for your quilts

Can’t wait to see everyone’s blocks made into quilts.

I as usual have way over extended myself this summer, told hubby I wasn’t even enjoying my sewing. Just seems like a few of the projects were just because I had to Finnish because they were a commitment. Going to have to manage my time and projects better.
Old 06-27-2023, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

Terri, that's sad.... I hope you did enjoy making the Boom blocks.

I want to thank every one of you because I know we all are busy, yet we took the time to do this fun swap. Everyone gave their best effort, and the results will be many beautiful quilts!

Here is the second quilt top I made from my Cat blocks, with the other half of the blocks.
Attached Thumbnails img_e3642.jpg  

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 06-27-2023 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 11:13 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Bonnie the cat track is perfect for your quilts

Can’t wait to see everyone’s blocks made into quilts.

I as usual have way over extended myself this summer, told hubby I wasn’t even enjoying my sewing. Just seems like a few of the projects were just because I had to Finnish because they were a commitment. Going to have to manage my time and projects better.

I hear you Terriamn. I did something similar but I had many things due before our month long trip in June. Fortunately the last item was send out 1/4 th into the trip. My son helped me figure it out. I have chronic medical issues and sometimes I just can't get going. Since I have no control over it, I need to be better to give myself leeway and take that into account.
Old 06-27-2023, 11:16 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Terri, that's sad.... I hope you did enjoy making the Boom blocks.

I want to thank every one of you because I know we all are busy, yet we took the time to do this fun swap. Everyone gave their best effort, and the results will be many beautiful quilts!

Here is the second quilt top I made from my Cat blocks, with the other half of the blocks.
sewbizgirl, those are 2 adorable quilt tops. I hope to do a layout of the floral quilt soon. You are so fast but it encourages me to get the top going.
Old 06-27-2023, 11:24 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I am overwhelmed by all the beautiful blocks I received!!!!!!!!!!!!
I showed each one to my husband and he loves them as much as I do!
Anna, those applique blocks reminded my husband of the movie "How to Make An American Quilt" with the woman who made the yellow roses block to honor her beloved dog. We've seen that movie a million times lol.
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to need to see what it is all about. I don't think we have seen it. My husband keeps bees and bought some old hives, he has to fix. He plans to repaint them and I want to paint some folk art on the front, so all bees can find their own hive. I was thinking of your blocks and I might use some of the ideas on the hives.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 06-27-2023 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-28-2023, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

Anna, the movie came out in the late 90's I believe. It's a wonderful one! Anne Bancroft (wonderful actress), Winona Ryder, Ellen Burstyn, Maya Angelou, many other fine actors in it. Then they made a book with the pattern for the wedding quilt they were all making.
Anyway, your applique blocks DO remind me of one of the quilters in the movie. My hubby has a good memory, I love them!
Old 06-28-2023, 06:46 AM

This is how I store my fabric that is less than a yard. Yardage is stored on wire racks in another room

Bonnie I very much enjoyed the boom, booms are my highlights.
Attached Thumbnails img_1441.jpeg  
Old 06-28-2023, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, Anna!

Wow, what great storage you have, Terri! Looks like the legs on the tables are adjustable. I would love that! Love your mug rug display too. So cute.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thank you, Anna!

Wow, what great storage you have, Terri! Looks like the legs on the tables are adjustable. I would love that! Love your mug rug display too. So cute.
yes the legs are adjustable, just need to set the correct height adding the thickness of the rubber mat that goes in front of the table. Forgot to do that.I love it, my sewing machines are on the same kind of table. Mug rugs are so fun, most of mine are from different swaps and they are very special to me.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:18 AM

I have been drooling from afar whenever I could. There was no way I could have participated this past boom, too many heath issues with DH.
I am finally putting my blocks together from the prior boom and working on smaller projects.
I will be following to see your completed quilts, and hopefully sign up again.
great jobs