Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 12-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

Hummm...... Louise I hope they post. Maybe PM them?? I still would like to see the fabric. NanaKathy love the button ornaments and who doesn't like rock candy. I remember it from when I was a kid. The rocks were the size of a almond or so. Didn't know it was still being made. Is it still like a gumdrop inside?
Old 12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Ctyankee (cranked lol) Did you knit that tiny sweater. It is so cute
Old 12-08-2014, 08:26 PM

So sorry I have not been able to post until tonight, but it was DH birthday this weekend and MIL was in town so getting away to the computer was not in the game plan. However, I did open my ornaments in front of everyone and then got to explained the QB to my MIL, who is not on the internet.

So to my Ornament Elves I want to say Thank you....

The first package I received was from Ctyankee. It was sitting on my shelf for days. Good thing my job takes me out of town a lot because it did not haunt me too much. I received the cutest Santa and knitted Sweater ornaments from my Elf. In addition to the ornaments there was chocolates, a candy cane, and a holiday pencil (which I did not photograph). Thank you so much Ctyankee.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501879[/ATTACH]

My second ornament Elf was from my home area. Anastasia sent me this wonderful cork reindeer. Doesn't he look cute in the tree? Thank you Anastasia.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501880[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails santa-sweater-ctyankee.jpg   reindeer-anastasia.jpg  
Old 12-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Power Poster

wow special cute ornaments. love those panties. love that angel and that sweather is adorable. great ornaments ladies. give yourselves a hand!
Old 12-08-2014, 11:09 PM

All the ornaments are super cute. It is amazing that there were no duplicates, with the exception of those of us who signed up for two and sent the same thing to both people. What a creative bunch we are.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:26 AM

More cute ornys posted, they're all great!
I've never heard of nor seen rock candy that looks like, well rocks...lol
The rock candy I've seen looks like crystals.. I'm thinking I need to search and find where to buy some of the ones like you received letsquilt...And my granddaughter and I will give them a try.
I have to confess, too. When I first saw them I thought they were beads shaped like rocks, for dimensional embroidery...LOL!! Guess it pays to enlarge the pic so I can see it better and read the label.
Kif
Old 12-09-2014, 04:33 AM

Yes, I knitted the sweater ornaments. I thought they'd be a little different! I made the hangers for them, too, that look like regular clothes hangers. And of course I had to make a Santa!

The only rock candy I'm familiar with looks like crystals. I never saw the others (or maybe didn't know what they were) & didn't know they had a filling either!
Old 12-09-2014, 05:21 AM

I finally have pictures of the ornaments I received. I received the beautiful cardinal from ljptexas and a handmade card. The second picture shows the quilted ornament, a wonderful Santa (I collect them), and other goodies that I received from letsquilt. Thanks very much to both of you! I love everything I received.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501912[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501913[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails orney-swap-ljptexas.jpg   orney-swap-letsquilt.jpg  
Old 12-09-2014, 05:37 AM

ctyankee, those adorable sweaters make me wish I could knit! I can't imagine knitting a full-size sweater much less a teeny tiny one like those. They're just wonderful!

Seeing these brought to mind an unrelated but funny story. I see that Ugly Christmas Sweaters are all the rage now. Here locally we even have an unofficial Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl along one of our historic business districts. Years ago, probably in the mid 90s, I was in Penney's and saw this wonderful (at least to me) Christmas sweater covered with seasonal images; I'd never seen one before as they weren't common then. I got it and wore it for years. When I moved a few years ago, I decided I just had to get rid of some things and that sweater was one of things to go. So of course, at Thanksgiving one of the SILs suggested that we all wear our UCS to Christmas. I'm not sure whether to file that under 'ahead of my time' or 'a day late and a dollar short' -- but I am not buying another one to wear one time for a laugh this Christmas!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:21 AM

The rocks were suppose to be chocolate..since I didn't eat any I guess we will find out when someone eats them..

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Hummm...... Louise I hope they post. Maybe PM them?? I still would like to see the fabric. NanaKathy love the button ornaments and who doesn't like rock candy. I remember it from when I was a kid. The rocks were the size of a almond or so. Didn't know it was still being made. Is it still like a gumdrop inside?