• August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

• August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 PM

wow finished on the 24th of the month AWESOME job everyone
    Old 08-25-2012, 02:54 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
    hI EVERYONE! I'm on my last day of vacation in NYC !
    What???? And you didn't let me know you were coming to New York???? What????
    Old 08-25-2012, 06:07 AM

off topic great news: i finally have internet access, yippee. and my 3 yr job drought is over!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!! i start monday aug 27th (fist pump) working for a haitian ngo (non-governmental organization). i was suppose to start aug 20th but they forgot to tell me that (miscommunication) but the 27th will work just fine for me.

to all of those who are still job searching, stay encouraged. something is coming your way also. i found this job quite by accident as i was looking at another job posting a friend & colleague had directed me to. you just never know where your next job is coming from. thanks for all of your encouragement also. it was greatly appreciated.

now to get my sewing machines and fabric to my current abode. what a challenge that will be but i am up for it.
    Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    off topic great news: i finally have internet access, yippee. and my 3 yr job drought is over!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!
    congrats, I can imagine how hard it must have been and if this is the job you've written about it sounds like you'd be perfect for it!
    Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 AM
    Power Poster

off topic great news: i finally have internet access, yippee. and my 3 yr job drought is over!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!! i start monday aug 27th (fist pump) working for a haitian ngo (non-governmental organization). i was suppose to start aug 20th but they forgot to tell me that (miscommunication) but the 27th will work just fine for me.

to all of those who are still job searching, stay encouraged. something is coming your way also. i found this job quite by accident as i was looking at another job posting a friend & colleague had directed me to. you just never know where your next job is coming from. thanks for all of your encouragement also. it was greatly appreciated.

now to get my sewing machines and fabric to my current abode. what a challenge that will be but i am up for it.
    Great news TOMM !!!!congratulations Mary
    Old 08-25-2012, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Beeboop71
    This is off the subject but I am excited because my husband and I just purchased a travel trailer and it was built to order so we just received the call that it is ready to be picked up so that means ROAD TRIP for us and we are heading to Middlebury Indiana first week of September. I have never been out that way so I am double excited since we are making a vacation out of it. I have already mapped out the local quilt shops and there is one only 10 mintues from the campsite we are staying at!!! How cool is that!!! There is also an amish town so it should be quite interesting. I am already thinking about the quilts I want to make for the RV. I must make one for each of us (DH and 2 kids and of course myself - finally I will make a quilt and keep for myself...lol). Now I can buy all those cool woodsy fabrics that are out there. Anyway just wanted to share my excitement.

Hope you enjoy Bernice, we bought a static trailer on a site by the beach this summer and we have enjoyed it so much. I have made two quilts for use there and will probably do some more for next summer. Enjoy
    Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 AM

So pleased for you a new home and new job so much to look forward to. Good luck on the 27th
    Old 08-25-2012, 11:03 AM

Default August SP

Check out the great package that was waiting for me when I came home from 2+ weeks of being away. Getting ready to start the table runner with the precuts she sent as soon as I'm done here. The fat quarters have been assigned to a project already. The drink mixes are half gone already (I drink while sewing). Thanks so much "ToomanyUFOs" for your generous package as well as the thought and care that went into it. Can't wait to get started on the new projects ...
    Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  
    Old 08-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
    I guess that makes you official as travelers then! I was able to find a couple of different yardages of campers. trailers, etc on a road that went across the yardage, you might be able to still find something like it. Congrats on your neww adventure. Will you be full timing it?
    The fabric you found sounds perfect. I will be keeping a look out for something like that. We will only be away for a week this time around since I am low on vacation days from my job and the kids are starting school but next year we plan on using it for vacation and long weekends. We haven't told the kids what we are up to cuz we want to surprise them so they think it's a business trip and we are dragging them along. I will have the camera handy to get the look on their faces when they find out. Should be priceless!!!!
    Old 08-25-2012, 05:24 PM

Here is the pillow case I made my daughter with the cat fabric canny quilter sent me from London. She loved it! Thanks again!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]357898[/ATTACH] WebRep

currentVote

noRating
    noWeight
    Attached Thumbnails pillowcasecats.jpg