Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 May 2011 Red & White School House pictures. >

1 May 2011 Red & White School House pictures.

1 May 2011 Red & White School House pictures.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by karenkrafts
It's the 29th and I not a thing is done for the schoolhouse block. Need to give myself a kick in the butt and get going!! I haven't been giving myself "me" time again!
Karen,
Yes you do need some me time, that's for sure!! :thumbup: Just remember it is okay to be late with your BOM. It goes together very quickly & you can catch up at any time. Good Luck.
:D :D :D :D
Old 05-29-2011, 09:18 AM

SulaBug, that schoolhouse is darling! Is that some familiar looking roofing??

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Hello Again,
I will start the picture thread with the block that I have made with the Red & White School House pattern, that meesabell has chosen for us.

I chose not to make it red & white like stated, as I am making all of my house blocks scrappy from my stash!! :D It sorta looks plain, but I am pleased with it.

I will be looking forward to seeing all of your blocks, as you make progress sewing them together. Let's have FUN!!
Sulabug
:D :D :D
Old 05-29-2011, 09:19 AM

Love your school house!! I haven't started mine yet, but I'm almost ready to post my birdhouse pic.

Originally Posted by MisDixie
Best hope my town only needs the one room school house. Blocks only 9 inches. Once schools out for summer (I work at K-3 school) I plan to add the school yard to enlarge to 12.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:51 AM

Thanks Corky! I waiting for school to be over so I can embelish my bird house and enlarge the school house. I am so glad I found this board and the bom's. Love your thread holder/avtar picture!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:22 AM

[quote=Corky]SulaBug, that schoolhouse is darling! Is that some familiar looking roofing??

Hi Corky,
I do believe that some very thoughtful Quilting Board member sent that roofing piece to me. I have been so thankful for the fabric that she sent. She's an Angel!! :thumbup: Thank You Corky!!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:53 PM

I found when looking through my stash, that I didn't have any fabrics with kids...and no idea how to build playground equipment, but I did have lots of snow! So my schoolhouse turned into a winter one.
I still need to stitch down the appliques that are just fused for now, and trim the block, but so far I like it best of all of them.

My snowy schoolhouse
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203942[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-203936.jpe  
Old 05-29-2011, 02:54 PM

I love your siding and roof! Nice schoolhouse.

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Well, I messed up and was too lazy to do it over, so I said to myself..."we'll just pretend we meant it to be this way"! LOL! That's why you'll see my door and window switched around...oooppps!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 05-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Love it!! Just got a cool chill in this 80 plus degree muggy sticky heat we are having here!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by neeng
I found when looking through my stash, that I didn't have any fabrics with kids...and no idea how to build playground equipment, but I did have lots of snow! So my schoolhouse turned into a winter one.
I still need to stitch down the appliques that are just fused for now, and trim the block, but so far I like it best of all of them.
WOW!! :thumbup: What a COOL idea to make it a winter scene. I love it & you have done a great job making it. Thank you for sharing with all of us. Soon it will be June & time for the next one. I can hardly wait myself.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:06 PM

Got to say that I love this block...and that because I hate winter! after spending a long cold winter on my schools play ground up here in the NWT, north of 60, in Canada, that thats some praise! You know I don't like the snow and cold! I was so glad to see our snow go, and feel the warmer weather here. Your wintery school makes me smile and think back fondly on winter on the playground at sub zero temps! Great block! uote=neeng]I found when looking through my stash, that I didn't have any fabrics with kids...and no idea how touild playground equipment, but I did have lots of snow! So my schoolhouse turned into a winter one.
I still need to stitch down the appliques that are just fused for now, and trim the block, but so far I like it best of all of them.[/quote]