Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Test posting your pics Here >

Test posting your pics Here

Test posting your pics Here

Old 11-04-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
So how did you reduce the file size? Does that have to be done in place I have the pics stored? I will play around again and see what I can do! Thanks.
Gran of 6: Here is how I did it
1. Opened File I save pics in on my desktop
2. My program automatically opens the pic in Windows Photo Gallery, I selected the pic and looked at the size (it shows this)
3. On the top where the toolbar is, I clicked Open. A drop down box comes up and gave me different options, I chose Microsoft Digital Image Standard Editor 2006. (I didn't know I had any of these programs)
4.On the left side, a bunch of tasks showed up, at the bottom it listed Format, under that Resize image. I looked back at the sizes allowed when attaching pics, different programs have different sizes, and resized mine by clicking in the boxes until I got what I thought would fit( it will say how big the pic is)
5. I clicked save as and then I prayed.
Hope this helps, Holler if you have any questions.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:15 AM

See!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!! You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!!!! Now to find the smiley faces and eyerolls.....
Old 11-04-2011, 06:16 AM

I seem to be able to post without having to resize my photos. I even got brave and edited my post to add additional photos. Looks like it works for me. Yeah!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:20 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Now to find the smiley faces and eyerolls.....
When you post a reply use the "Go Advanced" option, and you can choose a smiley face for your post. There is a smiley at the top of this post.

I don't believe you can imbed the smiley faces within your posts, at least I haven't found that option.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:26 AM

Smile

Thanks Elise1. I will try it.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:32 AM

Thumbs up

Good job! You got it now!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:32 AM

Cool

My goodness aren't we a bunch of "techies" Feels good!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 AM

Your post came through just fine. That is a beautiful pattern and love the colors! Would you share the name of the pattern, please? Thank You
Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]281659[/ATTACH]I finally got enough help from the wonderful members on here I am able to post a photo now. Thanks to all of you.My problem was my phpto was to big,so it said it failed on download. I think that is a problem most are having. I had to go into my photos click on the one I wanted and resize it.This I did by right clicking on the photo then clicking on edit. Then I could change the size. I then saved my changes. then It will download as it is a smaller photo. Good luck and hope this helps. Mary
Attached Thumbnails mix-2011-099.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]281659[/ATTACH]I finally got enough help from the wonderful members on here I am able to post a photo now. Thanks to all of you.My problem was my phpto was to big,so it said it failed on download. I think that is a problem most are having. I had to go into my photos click on the one I wanted and resize it.This I did by right clicking on the photo then clicking on edit. Then I could change the size. I then saved my changes. then It will download as it is a smaller photo. Good luck and hope this helps. Mary
Yep, that's what I had to do too. I am finding things on my computer I didn't even know I had, just because of the QB changes. Go figure