Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ??? >

Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ???

Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ???

Old 05-31-2015, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
when would the 2 month group start and stop? Maybe it could do 2 blocks each?

*** sitting on the fence***
Get off the fence and get into the game girl oooops I mean lady ;-)

f8 are due to Janice June 18 and blocks are due back to her Aug 22 I am willing to double up in that group if that works for the rest of the 2 month group.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:02 PM

I can also double up for the 2 month group if needed. Not going to cut second fabric till I know what we are doing.

leaving Wednesday to see mom and go to nephews wedding. It is my responsibility to get Mom dressed and to the church in time for the wedding pictures. My dd and dgd will also go up early to help me. When I asked my sister how much time I should allow to get Mom moving and dressed her only response was it depends on which mother opens the door, the angry one, the confused one, the mean one or the stubborn one. Mother usually puts on a good face
for the grands and great grands, hoping dd's and dgd's presence will have a calming influence on her
Old 05-31-2015, 04:03 PM

So Looking forward to another swap no matter what the size of the group. I still want the 3 months though. I just finished a hard week cleaning out Mom's apartment and walk in closet fabric stash. Went back through the boxes of garage sale fabric and picked out some. So will wash when get home tomorrow and start cutting.

Everyone's fabric choices are so nice and some will be challenging. But it will be fun. Been trying to explain it to my sister but she is not getting it. We are all tired as it has been a long month and physically exhausting week.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:17 PM

Well I can't stand it ladies....I'm in for both groups! I know I'll be sorry if I don't since I have done everyone of them since I joined the board. Here is my fabric and would like the soft whispery colors as in this example. I want this quilt very soft looking. Would also like you to use just pink, lavender and the green. Please no bright colors. Hope you like my pick[ATTACH=CONFIG]521209[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521210[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg   003.jpg  
Old 05-31-2015, 04:31 PM

I will do the two month group also...shouldn't be too bad

I'll send email to confirm
Old 05-31-2015, 04:43 PM

If I figured it out right, you can count the "x" to see how many blocks you would have to make for each group...

[TABLE="width: 426"]
<colgroup><col><col><col span="2"></colgroup>[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]Count the "x" to see how many you have to make[/TD]
[TD]due 8/22[/TD]
[TD]due 9/22[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Terriamn - double up[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Billi - double up[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Bluelady - Sitting on fence (ouch)[/TD]
[TD]?[/TD]
[TD]?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Terriamn - 2 and 3 month[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Billi - 2 and 3 month[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]LJDugas - 2 and 3 month[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Joanelizbay - 2 and 3 month[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Kassaundra - 2 and 3 month[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Jaba - 2 and 3 month[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Moonwork - 2 and 3 month[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Quilt Addict - 3 month[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Bibliostone - 3 month[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Mollymunchkin - 3 month[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Lucky_alf2 - 3 month[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]flowergurl - 3 month[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]BeeBeatty - 3 month[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Muse&Sew - 3 month[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Traveling Gramma - 3 month[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 05-31-2015, 05:09 PM

You girls are too funny! Yaayyyy...Jaba is officially off the fence! As for Travelgramma.....I was thinking of an idea for that fabric all night in my dreams....talk about stretccchhhing...when I opened my eyes this morning, all I could see was that fabric everywhere....I can't get it out of my mind. I definitely have some out-of-the box ideas Waiting to see what Kass does....this is definitely her kind of challenge....go for it Kass!

The fabrics in Boom 15 are wide spectrum of designs! Lots of opportunity for creativity!

With regard to UFOs, My Boom 11 Quilt is on its way to the long-arm tomorrow. I should have it for posting photo on Thursday! And Nana's Giggle Quilt (Boom 14) is just turning out as cute as a bugs ear! I am working on an embroidery block with everyone's name who made a block for it, who pieced it, who quilted it and who it is made for....with her birthday! It should be ready for June 29th (my Mother's birthday). I am having a big picnic here on July 4th weekend. It will be the first family reunion I have ever hosted....so we will see. If all her grandchildren and great grandchildren come with extended families, we will have around 60 people. (Little do they know they will be breaking beans and canning beans and tomatoes while they are here (hehehehe ) I will be sipping frozen strawberry daiquiris in the guest house for sure!

I wish I could say yes to both groups.....I just have too much going on this during this swap.

Ready to cut fabric.

Buzz onward.....Bee!

Last edited by Bee Beatty; 05-31-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Well I can't stand it ladies....I'm in for both groups! I know I'll be sorry if I don't since I have done everyone of them since I joined the board. Here is my fabric and would like the soft whispery colors as in this example. I want this quilt very soft looking. Would also like you to use just pink, lavender and the green. Please no bright colors. Hope you like my pick[ATTACH=CONFIG]521209[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521210[/ATTACH]
I was hoping you would cave in Jaba.....such pretty soft colors thanks for the picture of the colors you are thinking about too I really like having a visual guide when trying to honor color requests, soft bright, pale, pastel all mean different things to each of us.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:36 PM

Since it looked like we would have smaller groups this time I have been using my fabric to practice a few different blocks....my color request is white or wow and if you need a 3rd fabric to please use the pink in the flowers. here is a picture of the blocks I have made and what I'm thinking as a third fabric.

Lisa I am sorry about your mom and it is never easy to clean out their things so many memories to process.....for me it was really odd the things I was suddenly sentimental about.
Attached Thumbnails 2015-05-30-17.29.06_resized.jpg  

Last edited by Billi; 05-31-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:33 AM

The latest!

Terriamn - 2 and 3 month
Billi - 2 and 3 month
Moonwork - 3 month (poss 2 month also)
Quilt Addict - 3 month
LJDugas - 2 and 3 month
Bibliostone - 3 month
Mollymunchkin - 3 month
Joanelizbay - 2 and 3 month
Lucky_alf2 - 3 month
flowergurl - 3 month
BeeBeatty - 3 month
Muse&Sew - 3 month
Traveling Gramma - 3 month
Kassaundra - 2 and 3 month
Jaba - 2 and 3 month
Cuppy - 3 month

Still have until Tues at 11:59pm EDT to sign-up.

Please note, currently I have limited access to email although I'll be up and running at full speed on Friday. Sign-ups will be accepted through June 2 but I may not be able to respond immediately, although I will try. The 3 month group looks in good shape numbers-wise and even the 2 month group is beginning to round out a bit. The request by various members to double-up on the 2 month group's blocks is viable so consider if that will work for you. It would be simplest for me if the entire group decides to do two, rather than some one and some two. Keep in mind that no group will exceed 20 members, or rather the need to make 19 blocks. Again, give it some thought.

Thanks!
Janice