Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Minding My Ps and Qs
I may not have won the weight loss prize of the month here but I DID lose 13.4 pounds! AND my DH (who was so impressed with my excitement over the mere possibility of winning a bunch of fat quarters from y'all) offered a fat quarter for each pound lost - so I am a winner of sorts! He is a wonderful guy - I'm truly blessed.
Sally
Congratulations Sally... way to go.. keep on movin' and losin'
When I told DH I'd lost 3 lbs this month he said if I'd just quit finding themit would really be good... I'd would have lost my total weight by now ha ha... he is proud of me though...
Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Minding My Ps and Qs
I may not have won the weight loss prize of the month here but I DID lose 13.4 pounds! AND my DH (who was so impressed with my excitement over the mere possibility of winning a bunch of fat quarters from y'all) offered a fat quarter for each pound lost - so I am a winner of sorts! He is a wonderful guy - I'm truly blessed.
Sally
Hey! Congratulations! Your hubby is a superb sweetheart for supporting you this way!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Yippee Sally, that's a great weight loss for January! (and the hubby is pretty great too)
I'm certainly pleased with the loss AND the hubby!
Someone wanted to know how to lose that much: knowing DH would help me read the scale was a bit of an impetus (!) and my 50th high school reunion is looming also.
But since I've been on every diet known to humans at one point or another, I do seem to know what works for me - and what doesn't. When I used the low carb diet, I lost the most - but gained it all back quite rapidly when I finished. I was so hungry at that point I stuffed anything and everything in my face! So this time, I'm eating senisbly - good carbs (whole grains, fruits and veggies), low fat and high protein items, etc. I even had 1 piece of chocolate - and was able to stop without craving more! Nothing is off limits except the volume of food I had been eating. I'm staying within 1500 calories a day - more or less - but not getting compulsive about it.
I wish each of us success in February - however you choose to measure your own success!
Sally
Old 01-31-2011, 07:35 AM

Well, it won't be me again this month, that's for sure. I am losing but at such a slow rate. I'm with WW and I lost about 1 lb. a week. But that's ok because I'm not gaining. Good luck to the winner.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:47 AM

I'm still with my 1200 calories a day. It is working...I'm averaging 8 pounds a month loss. I'm very happy with this loss.

Good news! Today is my Dad's 86th birthday and he is doing well AND my daughter is in labor and will deliver grandchild #9 today! Pray for Melanie, please.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 AM

Will pray for her and Happy Birthday to Dad.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:31 AM

Good morning, everyone. Congratulations to everyone for your losses. No matter the number, a loss is a loss. I'm proud of all of us.

On a sadder note, James' body was found this morning. The family never gave up hope of him being found alive, somehow, knowing it would have only been by the Grace of God, but none the less, still hopeful. At least now they can put closure to this search ordeal and move forward. It is going to be hard for them, as James will sorely be missed. He is already missed but at least now they "know". Your continued prayers for the family are so very appreciated!! Thank you, all, for your prayers and sweet comforting words. Hugs to all, Sandy
Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Good morning, everyone. Congratulations to everyone for your losses. No matter the number, a loss is a loss. I'm proud of all of us.

On a sadder note, James' body was found this morning. The family never gave up hope of him being found alive, somehow, knowing it would have only been by the Grace of God, but none the less, still hopeful. At least now they can put closure to this search ordeal and move forward. It is going to be hard for them, as James will sorely be missed. He is already missed but at least now they "know". Your continued prayers for the family are so very appreciated!! Thank you, all, for your prayers and sweet comforting words. Hugs to all, Sandy
Oh Sandy! I am so sorry that the search ended the way it did. I too held out hope that he would be found alive.

The prayers will continue to go up for you and your family.

Missy
Old 01-31-2011, 09:53 AM

Sandy,
I am so sorry that the search ended this way. I will pray for comfort for your family.

Hugs,
MJ
Old 01-31-2011, 10:13 AM

I'm new for the January loss challenge (already signed up for Feb) and didn't know that there was a constant thread going. Do you start out with a new thread every month? How would I find this for February so I can keep up? How do we find out the winner (is it posted) and get her/his address to send the FQ too?