Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Eagle Scout- Court of Honor >

Eagle Scout- Court of Honor

Eagle Scout- Court of Honor

Old 06-04-2011, 07:56 PM

You should be proud of him. It is a great accomplishment.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 PM

Congratulations, I know how proud you must be. My son made Eagle, as did his dad and dad's two brothers, so it was a family full of pride.

I was also a Den Mother for longer than I had planned, but all "my" boys were marvelous kids.

You have a lot to be proud of, this rank tells the world that he is strong minded and can work at something till he finishes it.

In fact, DH said that when he got several resumes from several men, if they were more or less all equal in ability, the one with the Eagle rank would be the one to get the job. Just about any Eagle who was hiring would automatically give that one first chance at a job. He'd know how hard it had been to achieve.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:24 PM

Ramona Byrd,
Wow, YOU have a LOT to be proud of there! I am very proud of my son as well. I had never thought about the job/hiring thing before, but something I will remember to mention to him.
He always tells me he doesn't want any special privileges, or attention, but I think he felt today was the appropriate time & place for it. So it was nice to see.
Our troop tends to do a little of "the roast" after the official "Closing of the ceremony", where anyone can get up & tell a story about the new Eagle. I hope others do this as well, it is all in good nature & lightens Moms emotions a bit.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Swap Hosts

Congratulations from one Eagle Scout mom to another!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:52 AM

congrats I have 4 eagle scouts 1 son and 3 grandchildren. my son is assistant scout master. am very proud
Old 06-05-2011, 03:16 AM

Congratulations! My 16 year old son is a Life Scout and does not have much left for his Eagle, he is working this summer on his project proposal. Scouting has been great for both my son and my husband who is asst. scout master. My son is also JROTC and plans a military career. I think the discipline and principles learned in scouting will benefit him in anything he chooses to do.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:07 AM

Congratulations Cathy to your son and to your family. My son also made Eagle Scout and we were very proud too. My husband and myself have both been Scoutmasters for our troop. Being this I have really seen the growth and development these young men have gone through during their scouting years. When your son goes to college he may want to check out the fraternity Alpha Phi Omega which support the same scouting values and does community service. It is also coed. My son is now a deputy sheriff. It sounds as if he was much like your son, very quiet and reserved. As he grew and gained ranks we could see the changes and self confidence he gained. The friendships and bonds we have made with the families from our troop are still with us today. When we introduce our friends we tell others this is our scout family. Always have him put on a resume Eagle Scout. Employers do value that in a person. I'll be posting a quilt that is almost done for one of our Eagle Scouts. Congratulations again to all of you.Yours in Friendship and in Scouting!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:21 AM

Congratulations to your son on a great accomplishment. Take care.
Linda
Old 06-05-2011, 04:34 AM

I hear you loud and clear. I have a grandson, almost 16, who is homeschooled and painfully shy and I do believe that scouting is the only outside activity that he attends and it brings him into situations that force him to communicate with others. He is going for Eagle scout at this time and we are so proud of him.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:49 AM

Congratulations to you, your son & the rest of your family!

You have the right to brag a little, it's quite an achievement, both for your son & your family.

My son earned his 16 years ago. He has told me that employers have told him that it gave him that extra edge because they were aware of the commitment involved in earning the rank, and that it showed he would stick with a project to the end.