Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone make a 4PP out of Kaffee Fassett fabric?? >

Did anyone make a 4PP out of Kaffee Fassett fabric??

Did anyone make a 4PP out of Kaffee Fassett fabric??

Old 06-27-2011, 02:18 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by granny_59
Originally Posted by k3n
I think it's very elegant-looking. The blocks are subtle but interesting enough to make this a beautiful quilt. Re the 'perfect fabric', I'd say the criteria are a longish repeat (over 12") a large print, a limited colour palette and swirls in the pattern rather than straight lines. I'd say your fabric fulfilled all those criteria! And the alternate light and dark sashing set it off a treat AND your FMQ is fabulous. :-D

PS What you say about the pattern 'twisting', do you mean that the repeat across the width, ie selvage to selvage, was uniform? This sometimes happens and if you want to vary the blocks up a little, you can, after cutting blocks across the strips up to the point where you reach the same repeat, take a little slice out of the stack, say 1", just to move you along the repeat slightly. This should give more variation. Just for future reference. Though what you've made here is beautiful. :-D
Yes I mean a repeat in the width. It was twisted but if you cut it apart its looks the same......... At the time I realized it I made this cutting away of an inch but it did not make a great differenz.
You can also turn the square patches around to vary things up a little - it can be amazing how much difference this makes. :-D
Old 06-27-2011, 02:39 AM

WOW! :-D Beautiful!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:53 AM

That is beautiful - it is NOT dull and IMHO too nice for the cats :lol: .

I imagine the larger the print and the more colors in the fabric - the greatest variation in blocks. I think your variation is good and the quilting looks very nice!!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:25 AM

A great success! Very attractive and not at all dull!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 AM

I like it. :) I think it looks super pretty!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:54 AM

This is simply lovely ----- you can see the time involved in it and the colors are so warm. You can certainly be proud of this one!!! Your FMQ is delightful -------- this is "practice"?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Your quilt is far from dull and certainly does not warrant being a cat hair catcher.

It's actually quite spectacular and your choice of the pink/burgundy borders on the blocks make them all stand out to make a stunning quilt.

The two suggestions of taking an inch or two slice off to vary the pattern is a good one. Also, twist the blocks around for different points to the centre. With it being square if you have matched sets, that way you can actually make four different kaleido blocks! :)
Old 06-27-2011, 04:33 AM

I did that with twisting the four patches in different directions. But since there was a lot of plain background in the print I was limited with that too.
As you can see in the four corner blocks there was no way to assemble them in a different way otherwise I would have ended up with a plain center.

Even with all that "experience" I am not able to come up with the ultimate fabric for a 4 PP and I wonder how one with Kaffee Fassett fabric would look like
Old 06-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

i don't think it's dull at all. it's beautiful. nicely done :thumbup:
Old 06-27-2011, 04:53 AM

It's not dull, it's "subtle"! :D I think it's a lovely version of that pattern, and the color palette is gorgeous (and I'm not much of a "pink" person).