Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Portable sewing table >

Portable sewing table

Portable sewing table

Old 08-24-2011, 03:32 PM

I have a old cabinet the machine was probably from the 60's my husband made the cutout bigger. Installed a lift which is not really necessary buy nice. Also made the cutout to fit around the machine. My cabinet is very sturdy. Look at your local thrift stores .
Old 08-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970
Yes. One with the ability to set the machine into it so it doesn't slide away from me.
Be sure and check like Goodwill or Salvation Army stores. I got one of those from a Salvation Army store for $ 15.00. Love it. It's really sturdy. Would like to have another one. Am keeping my eyes open. Good luck.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM

I have a sew ez and love it. It's very sturdy.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:30 PM

I got the gidget. Hated it. Doesn't have an insert (that I could find for my babylock which is irregularly shaped).

Sew EZ looks so much better and you can get an insert for several different machines (made based on the machine).
Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
I have a little plastic table I got from Wal-mart that folds flat and adjusts to three different heights. I take it to retreat with me or if I go somewhere outside my home to sew. I also set it up behind my regular sewing set up when I go to sew a binding on a bed size quilt to support he extra weight and keep it from dragging on the floor. I can also set it up in front of my chair to rest the quilt on when I am doing the hand finishing on the quilt binding while watching TV. I think I paid about $25 for it. Look in the section where they have the furniture for college kids or first apartments. It has a white plastic top and grey metal legs.
I have 2 of these. Pd $50 for Lifetime brand and $20 for generic brand at Big Lots...basically same table. Just saw a bunch at Big Lots today. SAMS also carries different sizes of the Lifetime brand.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Google Goddess

thanks will need to look for them

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
I have a little plastic table I got from Wal-mart that folds flat and adjusts to three different heights. I take it to retreat with me or if I go somewhere outside my home to sew. I also set it up behind my regular sewing set up when I go to sew a binding on a bed size quilt to support he extra weight and keep it from dragging on the floor. I can also set it up in front of my chair to rest the quilt on when I am doing the hand finishing on the quilt binding while watching TV. I think I paid about $25 for it. Look in the section where they have the furniture for college kids or first apartments. It has a white plastic top and grey metal legs.
I have 2 of these. Pd $50 for Lifetime brand and $20 for generic brand at Big Lots...basically same table. Just saw a bunch at Big Lots today. SAMS also carries different sizes of the Lifetime brand.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
BMP

I have one of these too, its great, travels well ....