Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Thread >

Connecting Threads Thread

Connecting Threads Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The CT Essential Pro is what I use for piecing for top and bobbin. It's thin and strong and no lint. It's a great value for the quality.
Do you use it with a regular sewing machine or long-arm? I love their thread, but haven't ever tried the Essential Pro.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Banned

I also use it for piecing and really like it. Haven't used it for quilting, though.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:45 PM

The Pro thread looks a lot like Superiors So Fine. Just might give it a try. Didnt like the regular thread, but this may be a better choice.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:40 PM

I use it all the time, works well in my Viking, have not noticed a lot of lint. Love all the colors and of course the great price.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:44 PM

I love CT, but their thread is too linty for me to use without cleaning out the bobbin area and it even gets all over my needle! I would like to try the pro line and would be delighted if it worked well.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The CT Essential Pro is what I use for piecing for top and bobbin. It's thin and strong and no lint. It's a great value for the quality.
I purchased a couple of cones of this to try. I am beginning to be a big fan. And there are now so many more colors available. I'm using it for piecing as well as quilting. Can't beat the price, no lint, strong...what's not to like?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:32 PM

Hated it. Traded it here on the QB for some fabric.

Too linty. SERIOUSLY linty. It was so bad I had to clean the needle shaft so I could see what I was doing after an hour or so of quilting.

It's also quite a bit thicker compared to other quality 50wt threads. While this may not seem like a big deal, remember it takes up that much more room in your seam and if you like working in small pieces like me, that little bit of space adds up to a whole lot!!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

as you can see, EVERY person has a different reply...how can the same thread be linty on one machine and not at all on another...because it is NOT just the thread, but the machine, the speed at which you sew and even the needle that play into the LINT program.
AS for CT threads, they used to be made in the USA, not so any more. The used to be stronger, but my last batch broke a lot, even after putting it in the freezer for two days!

I guess it is like everything else these days..you have to try it for yourself and thus form your own opinions on it!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by dhanke
I use it alot, it's a bit linty, but no more so that Star or coats and clark. My Janome isn't fussy, I just clean out the bobbin area a couple of times during each project. The price and color selection can't be beat, especially when it's on sale.
Ditto :D
Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 PM

I also use CT thread and love it. It is a bit linty, but most of the threads out there today are. My machine isn't picky, I'm just sure to clean it every two hours of use.
CruisingStef