Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
while I was sitting in traffic ..... >

while I was sitting in traffic .....

while I was sitting in traffic .....

Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 AM

I'm incredibly spoiled with my heated seats, and will be grateful if my next car (hopefully a long time) has them too. A heated steering wheel would be heaven!

Unfortunately, while the recycled tire bumper idea is GREAT, rubber is HEAVY. That extra weight will come at a cost in lost fuel efficiency.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by IdahoSandy View Post
Hey, you younger generation are getting soft. Try wearing gloves and warm coats and then you would have no need for heated steering wheels. You really pay through the pocket book for these luxury items. Laughing here.
Yes, we could wear the proper atire, you are absolutley correct. In the summer of 2010 I bought a car with heated seats and a heated steering wheel. I live in Canada so I could totally get the idea of heated seats, but I thought, "Heated steering wheel, who needs that?". When winter came, I decided that *I* need that. I never wore gloves in the car all last winter and I love it. Much easier to drink my coffee, adjust the radio and other controls without gloves. These were standard features on the car I bought. (Granted, it is a higher-end car.) I figure, I work hard, I should treat myself sometimes! :-)
Old 11-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Hey, you younger generation are getting soft. Try wearing gloves and warm coats and then you would have no need for heated steering wheels. You really pay through the pocket book for these luxury items. Laughing here.
Why would I want to be bound up in a heavy coat and gloves if I didn't need to be? Do you also sit around your house in a coat and gloves? btw, not expensive at all.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

*blink*

And perhaps if you'd stop and think for a minute, the heated steering wheel, just might provide added safety for the driver and others on the road!!

i.e. Less bulk and awkwardness of gloves; some do not allow for safe gripping of wheel, and/or create slippery-ness..... naked hands can maneouver the steering wheel better! Thus, safety increases!
Old 11-19-2011, 05:26 PM

those are both GREAT ideas!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:35 PM

Just wondering - why do we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?
Old 11-20-2011, 05:06 AM

They get hot enough already - even the covers don't keep them cool enough for touching. I got a nasty burn from the seat belt because I didn't cover the metal bits well enough- so there's a different prob. for everyone.LOL
Old 11-20-2011, 06:53 AM

A friend of mine has a Lexus and she has both, I told her its just one more thing to have to fix when it breaks, I use a blanket under my tush and wear gloves.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:57 AM

Red face

Good ideas, but the steering wheel should be heated an cooled----they get HOT in the summer!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tudey View Post
Good ideas, but the steering wheel should be heated an cooled----they get HOT in the summer!
Which they have already ... also seats with a/c in them.