Finally found a Featherweight

Old 02-20-2014, 11:05 AM

Oh my goodness, psychonurse, 308 is the exit we took off of I-65. Had you tried to sell your machine on this site. Or did you have it on CL? I remember reading something with an Arley, Alabama address and wondered where it might be.

I haven't had the inclination to attack any problems today--too much laundry, etc. to catch up on. But maybe in a little while. I'll get back to y'all. Thanks for all the responses and helpful suggestions.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by cherylrom View Post
The best money you can spend is a DVD and book by Dave McCallum, Featherweight RX. They are wonderful people to deal with and will spend lots of time with you on the phone too. But hurry, they are retiring this summer.
I totally agree - I have his book 'The Featherweight 221 and I" wouldn't trade it for anything. love the book and it is so informative and beautifully illustrated- so easy to follow and much better than the owners manual I think. would recommend it to all FW owners!! I did not know they were retiring I need to check and see what I need to order before they close down.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:41 PM

By the way you will just love your new toy. I have 2 and love mine. I am currently making a twin size chevron quilt in black and white for a graduation gift - that I cut out Sat. 15th, and have two or three rows to finish sewing together -plan to do that when I get off of this site tonight then my top will be finished-making it on my 1935 FW. have made several quilt tops on it and quilted a few on it- straight line stitching. I always put the info. made on a 1935 FW in my labels. Have fun!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 AM

[QUOTE=oldtnquiltinglady;6586244]Oh my goodness, psychonurse, 308 is the exit we took off of I-65. Had you tried to sell your machine on this site. Or did you have it on CL? I remember reading something with an Arley, Alabama address and wondered where it might be.

I haven't had the inclination to attack any problems today--too much laundry, etc. to catch up on. But maybe in a little while. I'll get back to y'all. Thanks for all the responses and helpful suggestions.[/QUOTE
no have never put in n CL/ now you kind know were live. go WEst 16miles off exit 308. a few more twist turns a you are here. Hope you get her cranked up and sewing soon.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:57 AM

Congrats! on the new toy

Nan
Old 02-21-2014, 08:03 AM

Good morning' y'all. I did get around to piddling with the FW yesterday and it is QUIET and SEWING......I found a Singer needle in a pin cushion I keep here in the house, put it in (and if I remember correctly, flat side to the right contrary to what someone posted earlier, flat side to the left, anyway, I'll be checking that little detail out as soon as I read up on all the news on this forum), used a lot of canned air, the tension discs were almost stuck together and I used JMiller's advice from several days ago by inserting a little piece of cotton fabric between the discs and cleaned them out real good. You cannot imagine how quiet and pretty this little jewel sews. I love, love, love it.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 AM

Novamontgomery.com is a wonderful informational site for FW help, tips, and products.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:02 PM

Love the little hints re: FWs here. I have two in my house at present - one will go to my sister when I head west this summer; the other is my DH's, which he says I can use. It's been a busy winter for me, so not much sewing, but am cutting back on work hours soon and plan on playing with my 'toys'. Thank you to all for your suggestions! Have a great...and snowless!...day!