Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jennifer Chiaverini Books >

Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Old 08-04-2014, 07:33 AM

Much of the information in the first book is background of Sylvia's family, which is repeated and expanded on in subsequent books, so you really need to get it. I agree with everyone that they need to be read in order.

I began purchasing the books, but now do all my reading on my Nook, so will have to go back and repurchase the ebook editions.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:50 AM

I just want to say that after seeing a note about it on the board I just checked out Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. I just got started but am really enjoying it and will look into her other books.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:24 AM

I have most of her books -- it is just the last few that I'm missing. I'm thinking about reading them one more time then donating to the Salvation Army. I would rather read on my Kindle! I agree that the books make a little more sense if read in order.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Any serial book is always better to be read in order. Would your local library have a copy of the first one??
I have not checked our local libray yet, but will do. Thanks everyone that responded. I will be reading them in order!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I've only read the first one, The Quilters Apprentice but a couple people advised me to read in order.
I totally agree. Its like a series on TV, different people are involved and relations change and things come into play and you won't enjoy or get into the books as much if you don't read them in order to see how things evolve. They are great.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:13 PM

I wrote the list of the books in order. Will look for them in our travels soon.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
I have a couple of Jennifer Chiaveri books that I picked up at a used book store. They are #2 and #9 of the ones she wrote. Do I need to read #1 before #2 to be able to follow the story or are they all independant of each other? I don't want to start reading #2 and then find out that in order to follow the story I should have read #1 first. Hope this all makes sense Thanks.
check out this website Fantastic Fiction. http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/...er-chiaverini/

You can search any author and get a list of their works, in order. It's awesome. And thanks for this author! I'm always looking for a new one 😃!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:45 AM

There are a couple of series-within-a series going. The ones that take place at the huge mansion/quilting retreat are good to read in order so you understand the people and the stories behind their drama... The historical ones can pretty much stand alone and be read in any order. Mrs Lincoln's Dressmaker is the latest and doesn't require the background of the other books.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:47 AM

I agree with reading them in chronological order. Unfortunately, that is not the order that she wrote them. Look on her website. She has a list of the books for those who want to read them in chronological order under the FAQ section.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:37 AM

They can be read independently. She does a good job of bringing in any pertinent facts.