Roku free channel

Old 10-20-2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post

It is only me here, so I would only do one tv for $8 per month or should I bump it up to the $10 for HD programs.

HD uses more bandwidth than SD (standard definition). We have the 12 dollar one for 4 different devices.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Farmquilter- is your TV in HD? If so I would say you should probably get the $10 one.
I understand your frustration very well. Regular TV has nothing of interest to me. We get MLB (we follow the Yankees and can't get the games in Ohio), Netflix, and Amazon Prime.
I would love to get rid of cable but my husband loves MSNBC and CNN. We are paying a lot for nothing!

Amazon Prime is awesome. We get it and get free 2 day shipping on everything from Amazon. If you buy there it's a good deal. I also get a free Kindle book per month. And lots of movies. For 100 per year it's worth it to us.

Last edited by SusieQOH; 10-20-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Farmquilter- is your TV in HD? If so I would say you should probably get the $10 one.
I understand your frustration very well. Regular TV has nothing of interest to me. We get MLB (we follow the Yankees and can't get the games in Ohio), Netflix, and Amazon Prime.
I would love to get rid of cable but my husband loves MSNBC and CNN. We are paying a lot for nothing!

Amazon Prime is awesome. We get it and get free 2 day shipping on everything from Amazon. If you buy there it's a good deal. I also get a free Kindle book per month. And lots of movies. For 100 per year it's worth it to us.
I do have Prime and am paying by the month right now but am waiting for my bonus farm income to arrive and will do the year. I got it mainly for the fast shipping as they seemed to delay my goods for up to a week.
I do have an HD tv and will only use it on 1 tv in the living room until I get my older Roku hooked up to the upstairs tv.
I live in the middle of nowhere on the family farm and no cable around here, just antenna and Prime.
So guess the $10 version is the best way to go and am off to sign up again. They did have me on file so it should go well.
Thank you all for the input and help for me to sort this all out.
Seeing I signed up on the site Chasing Hawk sent, do not know what they will do with my email.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

You're lucky you don't get cable. You're not missing a thing except for a hefty bill each month!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

I looked at the Youtube channel with my Roku but it says it needs a code--where do I find a code for my Roku.
For most channels you get a code on the tv screen to enter at the address of the website that shows on the tv screen. You enter that code and it auto gives permission to watch the channel on Roku. Most of the free channels are okay but not great. There are too many for me to watch. PBS free channel has some good shows. We have Roku and use Netflix and Amazon Prime. I subscribe to Acorn TV for the British show. I think it is $5 a month through Amazon Prime.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

I get Amazon Prime free! Well I don't have to pay extra for it. I got the Amazon Visa. Every purchase anywhere gives me points that equals money to use on Amazon. I have more then enough points each year to pay for Prime. I use it for PayPal too. I don't know the interest, it's paid off each month so interest doesn't interest me. LOL Also I select no rush shipping, it's free and gives me money credit each time. I pay for Prime so I make it work for me.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:35 PM

I did go to the Roku free movie channel last night and figured out that it is free, I think, because there are commercials through out the movie. Not a deal killer for me, but unexpected.