Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Age range of your friends and aquaintances? >

Age range of your friends and aquaintances?

Age range of your friends and aquaintances?

Old 02-15-2018, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

My friends are all ages. One doesn't need to go to bars and drink alcohol to have younger friends. I met my younger friends over the years and some when I too was an older student. And then when I worked people were all ages and I became and stayed friends with them outside of work. Some are the age of my children and so their children are about the ages of my grandchildren. We have since moved but I keep up with them and new friends here are all ages. I am 12 years older than Mr Stitchnripper. We have been married going on 36 years. I would hate to limit myself to friends that are just my age.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:26 AM

I have acquaintances of a varied age range, but my friends are closer to my age than not.....more common ground to discuss....I do have a cousin who claims to have over a thousand "friends", however never met any face to face...they are all cyber...and she is so proud of her list! Scary to me!
Old 02-15-2018, 05:33 AM

I have friends of all ages and always have. Since coming to Illinois though I find it harder to make new friends. The ones I have made here range in age from 10 years younger to 10 years older....most I have met through Quilting or the library.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:25 AM

My closest friends are women within 5 years of my age, and whose birthday is within two weeks of mine. Two dear friends had the same birthday. I have some other friends who are 15-20 years younger than me but they are very busy with their families still. I like young people but never are around them.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:09 AM

For me Friends are special people with whom you are exceptionally connected. Friends can change as we grow throughout our lives. All others are acquaintances in various degrees and are in constant motion.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:13 AM

I have friends that are 25+ years older than me and 35+ years younger...I don't think that age make a difference if we have common interests.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:17 AM

We experience this at our church. We joined with a group of about 20 others to plant a church, and small though we are, we are diverse in age, ethnicity, and marital status. When we launched in September, my dh & I were the oldest members at 47, 48 years old. Now our main pastor's father in law and mother in law have joined us and we are second oldest. Some of our friends at church are young enough to be our kids! I see the value in this diverse community- they bring youth and vibrancy and help us understand our young adult children sometimes; we bring wisdom with age, in both a long and happy marriage of 29 years and surviving raising 3 daughters through very difficult teenage years into adulthood.

Last edited by JanelleTrebuna; 02-15-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:25 AM

Most all of the few friends I have are all older than me and I've recently lost 2 of them (one being my best friend - my mom). And since most are up there I figure I will lose more of them. It makes me sad that I will lose lost most of them - before I am ready to. I don't understand the 'thinking' of most of those much younger than myself; totally different ethics and interests.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:05 PM

For some reason I gravitate towards younger people. My 2 best friends are younger than me, one by a few years and one by 10 years.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

I have older ones I cherish and then young ones--they are so good to be around, making life joyful.