Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Select >

Quilters Select

Quilters Select

Old 12-10-2020, 07:25 AM

Over the past couple of years, I have replaced all my rulers with Quilter's Select. I love them and so does my BFF!
Old 12-10-2020, 07:29 AM

oh, I am still using all my Omigrid rulers....both the old yellow lined ones and the newer green ones.....I just have way to much invested in them to start all over. I have heard the most important thing is to be consistent in what rulers you are using as some manufacturers may have a slightly different approach as to where exactly they place their measuring lines. I don't know that I have found that much of a difference in the other brands I have a ruler or two of. If I had to start all over again, Omigrid would still be in the running but there are many fine rulers out there. I have just gotten some Angela Walters/creative grid rulers for my ruler work, and I like them to as they have more markings on them for placement than some of the other long-arm rulers I have.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:41 AM
mkc

I'd say it's entirely personal preference, and I would start with 1 Quilter's Select ruler in a size you reach for often to decide.

I was looking to replace one of my rulers and tried a QS version of it. Didn't care for it - I found the fine markings and the color more difficult to read than others. I then tried the Creative Grids version and loved it and have purchased CG rulers for any I've needed since then.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:42 AM

Where do you buy the Quilters Select products? I have long wanted to try these.

Last edited by mopec; 12-10-2020 at 07:43 AM. Reason: cat hit a key
Old 12-10-2020, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

I love Quilter's Select rulers. They are so easy to read and non slip. You can make any ruler non slip by spraying a no slip coating on the back. It's fantastic for all the older rulers. I have a lot of Missouri Star rulers and templates and this stuff is wonderful. It's great for machine quilting rulers too. No extra thickness on the ruler.

Odif Non Slip Coating. It dries in about a minute. Lint and thread will wipe off. Also get the Odif Glue Cleaner spray. It takes the sticky off scissors, rulers, etc. I always have these two products in my sewing room.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:17 AM

Love my QS rulers...when I need to replace an old ruler, I shop for Quilters Select
Old 12-10-2020, 09:49 AM

I think the QS rulers are the best, too. Their non-slip feature has saved me lots of aggravation. If they weren't so expensive I'd replace all my others. The ones I have and use almost exclusively are 3 x 12 , 3 x 18 and 6 x 24. I don't do a lot of piecing or I would get more. Well worth the price.

I put a shower handle on the 6 x 24 and I like that, too. It's the one I use most.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:20 AM

Bless the day I bought my first Creative Grids!
Old 12-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

I bought the QS round hand holder that sticks to the rulers. It's worth it. It does not pop off until you take it off. Great for the smaller rulers and templates for safety.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:46 PM

I have quite a few of the rulers 2 sizes of cutting mat & the rotary cutter. Love them all. The cutters are used at my favorite quite shop. They sell the rulers. The Fat Quarter Shop, The Quilt Show are a couple of places that sell them. The Quilt Show can have specials on them. Best thing I did was to get these rulers.