Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for Book on Borders >

Looking for Book on Borders

Looking for Book on Borders

Old 07-05-2021, 06:44 PM

I get a newsletter from equilters.com and they have lots of free patterns with different borders. Most of the patterns I print up for the borders.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:35 AM

The free patterns from eQuilter are a tremendous place to get ideas for layouts or borders!
https://www.equilter.com/pattern

Old 07-08-2021, 05:00 AM

Default Looking for books on Borders

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
The free patterns from eQuilter are a tremendous place to get ideas for layouts or borders!
https://www.equilter.com/pattern
Thanks Iceblossom, that website would have never crossed my mind but it's a great one.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:16 AM

It was lwbucholz's post that made me think of it. When I participated in the round robin last year I did indeed browse there for borders a bit. eQuilter is my usual first stop for on-line fabric orders, has been for years, so I also get the weekly updates.

The free patterns are mostly about current panels and collections, I don't think well in terms of what to do with a panel, and I have many collections of fabric that need designs, and I will go there for setting ideas I don't actually come up with on my own! In my own I have grids... simple block by block grids maybe with sashing, maybe on point.

I don't try to match their fabric collections, just the design/outline with fish fabric or whatever collection I'm using instead of wolves or horses or whatever they used.