Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needle threaders >

Needle threaders

Needle threaders

Old 11-21-2022, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lyncat View Post
I also use the Bohin needle threader. It has two sides, one for very small eyes.
Do you find that it works most of the time? I have tried several of the Clovers, and it seems they work for a little bit and then won't thread anything.
Old 11-21-2022, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

I love the little bird one I got as a gift in a swap. Sorry I don't remember the name of it. I just ordered a new type (to me) of self threading needles.

Amazon.com: self Threading Needles, Needle Threader with Needle case Carving Pattern Golden 12 Pack
Old 11-22-2022, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Karamarie View Post
I have tried the Clover needle threader (I actually have 2 of them). Sometimes they work, sometimes not. It seems if I have a clover needle they work better.
I've had the same experience with the Clover threader. In fact, I have better luck with it with small eye needles. It won't thread some of my embroidery needles.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:07 PM

I use the ladybug one with the light with no issues
https://www.amazon.com/Beetle-Lighte...s%2C276&sr=8-1
Old 01-04-2023, 04:22 PM

Not a threaded recommendation, but I will sometimes find it helpful to cut the thread at an angle then run the end of the thread across a glue stick. Kind of gives the thread a point, making it easier to run it through the needle.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:07 PM

I use both the Bohin and the Clover threaders - have had them for years. The Clover I got at a quilt show at least 15 years ago, the people selling them had them set into a piece of wood with a small pin cushion attached and a dowel inserted to hold the thread. (They wouldn't let me buy it until I was able to get it to work 3 times in a row. :-). ) The clue to it working is thread placement. I have to loop it over and gently pull it back against the part for the post to push the thread into the hole in the needle. It does not like the teeny tiny quilting needles but works well with the straw needles and milliners needles and the larger quilting needles. The Bohin threader travels with me. I was actually thinking when I opened it and saved the plastic, and it is continuing to protect it when it travel.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 01-04-2023 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I've used the Clover needle threader on needles with very small eyes.
Me, too. I use mine for applique using straw needles. I wish there were a good needle threader for my sewing machine, though.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

I also use the clover needle threader. But, the hummmingbird threader by Dritz works really well too and is much more portable.