Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buying a new machine. Who knew? >

Buying a new machine. Who knew?

Buying a new machine. Who knew?

Old 04-25-2024, 06:52 PM

If you have a Joann's near you or a Michael's or a Walmart - check to see if any of them have the machine you want. If they do and your Amazon order hasn't shipped - cancel it.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:32 PM

I bought the same machine from Costco online. It sews nicely and hasn't complained about anything I've tried, which includes a cloth kids book with multiple layers to sew through. I take it to guild and retreats because my everyday machine at home is too big to pack around. Being used to one of those with the "bells and whistles" that whispers, I find the Singer a bit noisy but know it isn't and I'm just used to the quiet of my Janome.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

I looked at this machine at Walmart yesterday. There were three different models of it on the shelf.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:27 AM

Went back to Amazon and right there in red letters, there it was. "Usually ships in one to two months". You can't miss it.
Well, I did. Skipped right on by.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:20 AM

Still waiting....
Two granddaughter's birthdays have come and gone, Mother's Day, my birthday, and still no sewing machine.
This is an adventure that's become a non-adventure. Now it's an experience in watching paint dry.

Old 05-28-2024, 06:28 AM

cancel it and go to a real store.
Old 05-29-2024, 05:05 AM

I know, right?
However, I feel a social responsibility after starting a thread, to update what is happening. Also, there's a reason for waiting this out. I want the walking foot included in the package deal for this particular offer. When I looked at prices to buy the foot separately, I couldn't figure out which walking foot went with this machine. Different photos, different part numbers, and the list of which machines were compatible always turned into a head scratcher. To buy the package deal at a lower price than buying separately was a win/win, better price, right accessory.
Old 05-29-2024, 05:24 AM
mkc

You might consider that it's currently showing "Temporarily out of stock", and something along the lines of "we are working to get more inventory" on Amazon. At this point, there's no telling when the order will ship or if they ever get stock back in.

ETA - I'd strongly consider cancelling the Amazon order. You can order direct from Singer and both items are on sale. $229.99 for the machine, $39.99 for the walking foot, and they're running a 20% off coupon code.

Machine (4452)

Heavy Duty Crafting Walking foot (using their accessory finder)

Coupon code is SUMMER20.

Comes to $215.98 plus tax, free shipping.

Last edited by mkc; 05-29-2024 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

If your card hasn't been charged that means it hasn't shipped.
Old 05-29-2024, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by L'il Chickadee View Post
Update: It's mostly just crickets out there. The Amazon order was quickly confirmed and all the other items in the order were charged on my CC. They will be here shortly. However, the Singer, after being confirmed, is still not moving forward through to charging and then shipping. Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear! The longer it drags on the more it looks like one of those super sales events turned into one of those "Sorry, this item is out of stock" events.
Maybe you're in luck! I bought a Singer last year. I also returned it after 3 days of trying to get it work. It was one of their low end machines so I wasn't expecting miracles, but I did expect to be an le to wind the bobbin and sew. Nope. I returned it, but had to pay a re-stocking fee. Then I was told that Singer didn't want it so it would be junked. Never again will I even consider a Singer.

I bought a low end Brother machine for about the same money and have had no problems with it.

My thoughts Are that a sewing machine manufacturer MUST get their low end machines right if they expect customers like me to upgrade to one of their better machines.